• You cannot reply to this topic

Terror Arrests 'foiled Attacks' Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   PraisingYeshua 

• ~*~Humbly at my Daddy's knee~*~
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 May 2006 - 05:53 PM

May 26, 2006
LONDON: British anti-terrorist police who arrested eight men in a series of armed raids believe they may have thwarted a wave of suicide bomb attacks on British and US forces in Iraq.

The arrested men, all Muslims from Libya, were being held on suspicion of encouraging and financing al-Qa'ida operations abroad. Police believe they could have been involved in training and recruiting volunteers for suicide missions in Iraq.

It is thought that among those detained in the raids is Tahir Nasuf, 44, who had his assets frozen after the US Treasury alleged he was involved in a Muslim charity that was a front for a terrorist organisation with links to al-Qa'ida.

At least one of the men being questioned is understood to have travelled to Syria for training by Islamic extremists who have smuggled a number of young British-based militants across the border to fight under Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, al-Qa'ida's leader in Iraq, who has a $US25 million ($33 million) price on his head.

British security sources say the brother of one of those arrested is believed to have been killed in Iraq. Two of those detained have been named on a UN website as having terrorist links, and the Treasury has frozen their assets in Britain.

What will concern British authorities is that several of these men have been granted asylum but are understood to have been using different identities and to have given conflicting personal details, such as dates of birth and addresses.

Full Article
~*~If I am wrong, and there is no G-d, I have lost nothing.~*~

~*~If you are wrong, and there IS a G-d, you have lost EVERYTHING~*~

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users