Christian-Forum.net: The Need For Discernment And A Prayer Request. - Christian-Forum.net

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Need For Discernment And A Prayer Request. On judging Christian leaders. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Shekel 

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Post icon  Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:44 AM

The following is a reply to another post concerning judging leaders. I hope this helps explain the need for balance in this area. As one ultimately responsible for this forum I desire that others at least know where I personally stand on this important issue. I am sure that it will seem off balance to some --- for some one way and for some the opposite way --- which tells me that it is, in fact, a balanced perspective on judging others! :)
=======================

I went to the site you mentioned and I suggest you delete any posts supporting that site. (Name of site omitted.) It is just plain nasty and unfair!

However, I would caution that discernment is part of our task as priests of the Lord. The role of a priest was to distinguish the holy from the profane, and there are numerous scriptures exhorting us to do so. Recall the letter to the Ephesians in the book of Revelation as just one example. I, too, have been blessed by (name omitted) when I have listened to her. However, I have also heard of things that smack of New Age ideas --- such as good thoughts making healthy household plants, as if our thoughts emit some kind of energy force. This is a false teaching that needs to be confronted. But we should be gentle since she may have been misunderstood or needs to be simply pointed in the right direction. Or it might be something that is very minor to her overall message and therefore should not be made too much of. We should always give teachers the benefit of the doubt (unless obvious). One may be a great speaker, but not a scholar. But let us not stick our heads in the sand either. We are priests of the Lord who are called to judge all things (excluding the lost who already stand condemned).

The same with James Dobson. I have always and am still very much opposed to so-called Christian psychology. The main popularizes of psychology have their roots in doctrines of devils. If there are any doubts then do a study on the lives of the main propagators of modern psychology --- such names as Freud, Jung and Rogers. Many of these men were into occult practices and/or perversions. So then, when Christians study their teachings and then blend it into the bible, aught we not to be suspicious? Ought we not to be on guard? Are we not warned that in the last days there would be great deception?

So, yes, we need to be merciful and struggle to guard the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. However, we are to expose all other unities that are not of the Spirit --- and this requires our priestly muscles of discernment. For if we fail to judge so as to save, then we will be judged the same way, and others will not warn us either. For the bible forbids hypocritical judgment, not righteous judgment, which is in fact commanded.

So let us love mercy and truth, and in that order! :)
=========

By the way, I want everyone to know that I do watch over the forum as much as I can given my many other obligations before God. Much of my efforts are unseen and in the background, but I don't want anyone to think that I have abandoned the forum! :( I would also like to say that I appreciate all our moderators who do a terrific job! It is not easy since there is such a huge spectrum of posters. Please be patient with them if at any time you think they made a mistake in their discernment on any particular post --- to let it pass or to not let it pass. Trust me, it's not easy, but it can be rewarding! :)

And pray for me too! God gives me grace, but I feel that I have reached a juncture in the road as to what I am to do next with the energy He gives me. Please pray that He helps me master the Hebrew language. I have always found languages to be difficult for me. This is why he chose me to understand this mystery. Otherwise the glory would be mine rather than His. But now that I have more or less completed the task He gave me I would like to go on and master the language so as to remove any stumbling blocks in men's minds. For to the Jew first He sends me, and then to the rest. (Though I, like Jonah, have wished it the other way around!)

#2 Guest_lifeinhim61_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:55 AM

Shekel, thank you for this post. I know how busy you are these days and YES, I will be praying for you (I always do) for your ability to master the Hebrew language. You are so loved and thought of by this forum and we appreciate you!!

#3 Guest_lovingHIM_*

Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:57 AM

Dean,
Thank you for all you do! May God help you to learn the Hebrew language, for it is a difficult one to learn.

I would like to go on and master the language so as to remove any stumbling blocks in men's minds.

Amen to that! I believe the stumbling blocks are many, I pray God would show you what the stumbling blocks are so we can remove them and not fall. :)

#4 Guest_onetiggerroo_*

Posted 03 February 2006 - 12:16 PM

Shekel, on Feb 3 2006, 11:44 AM, said:

The following is a reply to another post concerning judging leaders. I hope this helps explain the need for balance in this area. As one ultimately responsible for this forum I desire that others at least know where I personally stand on this important issue. I am sure that it will seem off balance to some --- for some one way and for some the opposite way --- which tells me that it is, in fact, a balanced perspective on judging others! :)
=======================

I went to the site you mentioned and I suggest you delete any posts supporting that site. (Name of site omitted.) It is just plain nasty and unfair!

However, I would caution that discernment is part of our task as priests of the Lord. The role of a priest was to distinguish the holy from the profane, and there are numerous scriptures exhorting us to do so. Recall the letter to the Ephesians in the book of Revelation as just one example. I, too, have been blessed by (name omitted) when I have listened to her. However, I have also heard of things that smack of New Age ideas --- such as good thoughts making healthy household plants, as if our thoughts emit some kind of energy force. This is a false teaching that needs to be confronted. But we should be gentle since she may have been misunderstood or needs to be simply pointed in the right direction. Or it might be something that is very minor to her overall message and therefore should not be made too much of. We should always give teachers the benefit of the doubt (unless obvious). One may be a great speaker, but not a scholar. But let us not stick our heads in the sand either. We are priests of the Lord who are called to judge all things (excluding the lost who already stand condemned).

The same with James Dobson. I have always and am still very much opposed to so-called Christian psychology. The main popularizes of psychology have their roots in doctrines of devils. If there are any doubts then do a study on the lives of the main propagators of modern psychology --- such names as Freud, Jung and Rogers. Many of these men were into occult practices and/or perversions. So then, when Christians study their teachings and then blend it into the bible, aught we not to be suspicious? Ought we not to be on guard? Are we not warned that in the last days there would be great deception?

So, yes, we need to be merciful and struggle to guard the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. However, we are to expose all other unities that are not of the Spirit --- and this requires our priestly muscles of discernment. For if we fail to judge so as to save, then we will be judged the same way, and others will not warn us either. For the bible forbids hypocritical judgment, not righteous judgment, which is in fact commanded.

So let us love mercy and truth, and in that order! :)
=========

By the way, I want everyone to know that I do watch over the forum as much as I can given my many other obligations before God. Much of my efforts are unseen and in the background, but I don't want anyone to think that I have abandoned the forum! :( I would also like to say that I appreciate all our moderators who do a terrific job! It is not easy since there is such a huge spectrum of posters. Please be patient with them if at any time you think they made a mistake in their discernment on any particular post --- to let it pass or to not let it pass. Trust me, it's not easy, but it can be rewarding! :)

And pray for me too! God gives me grace, but I feel that I have reached a juncture in the road as to what I am to do next with the energy He gives me. Please pray that He helps me master the Hebrew language. I have always found languages to be difficult for me. This is why he chose me to understand this mystery. Otherwise the glory would be mine rather than His. But now that I have more or less completed the task He gave me I would like to go on and master the language so as to remove any stumbling blocks in men's minds. For to the Jew first He sends me, and then to the rest. (Though I, like Jonah, have wished it the other way around!)
View Post

Shekel, I agree with you 100% and want you to know that God will bless You as you learn the Hebrew Lanuage. I try not to judge others, but human nature often kicks in and I have to rebuke it. And, thank you for lurking in the background! I appreciate you more than you know. God has His hand on this forum....the devil may try to sway some of us, and he may get away with it sometimes, BUT, I Thank GOD that He has His people here to correct us and guide us back to the truth! May God continue to pour out His Blessings here. :1dsz5h3: :1dsz5e4: :wub:

#5 User is offline   Shekel 

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 03 February 2006 - 01:33 PM

Thanks for the encouragement from all of you! I know God will help. I have noticed lately that nouns are sticking in my mind a lot easier than in past years. For example, I can remember people's names a lot easier. So maby God is doing something up there in my head!

#6 User is offline   rtkiii66 

• Call me a sinner....Call me a saint
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 04 February 2006 - 02:49 PM

Shekel, on Feb 3 2006, 12:33 PM, said:

Thanks for the encouragement from all of you! I know God will help. I have noticed lately that nouns are sticking in my mind a lot easier than in past years. For example, I can remember people's names a lot easier. So maby God is doing something up there in my head!
View Post

Dean

I had a great sense of joy swell up inside me when I read that you desire to master the hebrew language and prayed in the spirit last night until the joy felt complete.

Joh 15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users