• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Rebellion! Guard Against These Things! Rate Topic: *---- 1 Votes

#1 User is offline   tsth 

• Advanced Member 5
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 May 2009 - 08:06 AM

The rebellion happened within God's Own people......not the pagans!

Hebrews 3:7 Therefore, as the Holy Spirit says: "Today, if you will hear His voice, 8 Do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion, In the day of trial in the wilderness, 9 Where your fathers tested Me, tried Me, And saw My works forty years. 10 Therefore I was angry with that generation, And said, 'They always go astray in their heart, And they have not known My ways.' 11 So I swore in My wrath, 'They shall not enter My rest.' "

WE MUST HEED THE WARNING TO BEWARE!!!!

12 Beware, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God; 13 but exhort one another daily, while it is called "Today," lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. 14 For we have become partakers of Christ if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end, 15 while it is said: "Today, if you will hear His voice, Do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion."

Because we can do just as they did and not hold fast!

16 For who, having heard, rebelled? Indeed, was it not all who came out of Egypt, led by Moses? 17 Now with whom was He angry forty years? Was it not with those who sinned, whose corpses fell in the wilderness? 18 And to whom did He swear that they would not enter His rest, but to those who did not obey? 19 So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.

To disobey is to disbelieve!

To obey is to believe!!!!

Let us not go into the rebellion during our time of wilderness. Let us exhort one another daily.

In His Love,
Suzanne

This post has been edited by tsth: 08 May 2009 - 08:08 AM

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   GodspromisesRyes 

• Advanced Member 4
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2009 - 08:41 AM

Amen suzanne!

When thinking on this, we are reminded of what alot of the rebellion was in the individuals int he wilderness- complaining! We can be such complainers when our comforts are touched. (of course we know there were larger rebellions in the wilderness)but it seems the most common and easy to fall into in the wilderness is complaining which of course comes from disbelief in the work of God and His control over all things for our good. i am guilty of this as well and i do pray that the Lord purify me from all complaining before that time which is fast approaching us.

Truly when we walk in faith and know He is in control we can have peace and quiet the complaining flesh so that it must die.
Hard texts are nuts (I will not call them cheaters),
Whose shells do keep their kernals from the eaters
Ope then the shells, and you shall have the meat;
They here are brought for you to crack and eat.

A man there was, though some did count him mad,
The more he cast away, the more he had.

He that bestows his goods upon the poor,
Shall have as much again, and ten times more.

He that will kill, must first overcome:
Who live abroad would, first must die at home.

He first by grace must conquered be,
That sin would mortify:
And who that lives would convice me,
Unto himself must die.

The Pilgim's Progress by John Bunyan

#3 User is offline   whirlwind 

• Advanced Member 6
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2009 - 10:28 AM

View Posttsth, on May 8 2009, 08:06 AM, said:

Hebrews 3:7 Therefore, as the Holy Spirit says: "Today, if you will hear His voice, 8 Do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion, In the day of trial in the wilderness, 9 Where your fathers tested Me, tried Me, And saw My works forty years. 10 Therefore I was angry with that generation, And said, 'They always go astray in their heart, And they have not known My ways.' 11 So I swore in My wrath, 'They shall not enter My rest.' "

12 Beware, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God; 13 but exhort one another daily, while it is called "Today," lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. 14 For we have become partakers of Christ if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end, 15 while it is said: "Today, if you will hear His voice, Do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion."

16 For who, having heard, rebelled? Indeed, was it not all who came out of Egypt, led by Moses? 17 Now with whom was He angry forty years? Was it not with those who sinned, whose corpses fell in the wilderness? 18 And to whom did He swear that they would not enter His rest, but to those who did not obey? 19 So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.

Let us not go into the rebellion during our time of wilderness. Let us exhort one another daily.

In His Love,
Suzanne

To add to your excellent post....one of my favorite passages:

Malachi 3:16 Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before Him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon His name.

3:17 And they shall be Mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up My jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.

I believe we are now in the wilderness and, as on this forum, we "exhort one another daily." It is up to each of us to put aside pride and rebellion and allow Him to reach us.
I agree with GPR...Amen Suzanne!
You don't have a soul...You are a soul...You have a body ~ C.S. Lewis

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me ~ John 15:6

There shall no evil befall thee, Neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. For He shall give His angels charge over thee, To keep thee in all thy ways. They shall bear thee up in their hands, Lest thou dash thy foot against a stone. ~ Psalms 91:10-12

#4 User is offline   tsth 

• Advanced Member 5
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2009 - 03:36 PM

Thank you both very much for your comments!

Malachi is such an enthralling Book, whirlwind.

I am also so mindful of the passage in Chapter 4 with regard to the "hearts of the fathers". Something that we are in desperate need of, is the involvement of fathers. (another topic I know, but still an important one!)

In His Love,
Suzanne
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   endtime 

• A Son Of Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 08 May 2009 - 10:27 PM

View Posttsth, on May 8 2009, 06:06 AM, said:

In His Love,
Suzanne

Amen Suzanne :1dsz5h3:
Jesus answered him, "The first of all the commandments is: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.' This is the first commandment. And the second, like it, is this: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these."

#6 User is offline   ozell 

• Advanced Member 6
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 May 2009 - 06:56 AM

View Posttsth, on May 8 2009, 08:06 AM, said:

In His Love,
Suzanne

Bless you Sister, not many have eyes and ears to see this.

Not only did Israel rebel, but the entire creation from Adam to now!

lets read what Paul said in the verse you posted again!

Hebrews 3:7 Therefore, as the Holy Spirit says: "Today, if you will hear His voice, 8 Do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion

focus on the word today

that brings us to 05-09-09 today we should not harden are minds to hear his voice.

Matthew 4:3-5 (King James Version)

3And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.

4But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

5Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple

before there was ISRAEL, there was man, and man rebelled the first day.

6000 years ago man heard God's voice that day which would be today for Adam and Eve

Genesis 2:16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:

Genesis 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Eve rebelled

Genesis 3:1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

Genesis 3:2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:

Genesis 3:3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

Adam rebelled

Genesis 3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

Genesis 3:7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

Genesis 3:8 And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.

Genesis 3:9 And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?

the sin

Genesis 3:11 And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?

the confession of sin

Genesis 3:12 And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.

Genesis 3:13 And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.

the sentence

Genesis 3:14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

Genesis 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Genesis 3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

Genesis 3:17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

Genesis 3:18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;

Genesis 3:19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

rebellion to the word of God, is not in the 10 commandments yet it is sin when we rebel against God.

Jesus said
Matthew 4:3-5 (King James Version)

3And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.

4But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

5Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple

we shall live by the words of God, Adam and Eve did not, this is why we die!

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users