• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

44th Presidential Inauguration Rate Topic: ****- 1 Votes

#31 User is offline   Miki 

• Advanced Member 9
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 January 2009 - 02:45 PM

I didn't watch..had to go to the post office. I tried to get away from it. When l got to the post olffice his speech was playing over the radio..sigh..
I saw an aquaintence from church. I said 'sheesh..I thought l could get away from this but it followed me here." Just then the women from the back came out having heard what l said..She was not happy with me at all and allowed her attidude to be known. I had to bite my tongue...but it was rolling in my mind...

Thank God l heard Rush on the radio. He made me laugh with a belly laugh. You have to laugh or you'd cry...I heard a blow by blow account..Oh my gosh..
Help us God..I had to apologize to God for laughing but l told him if l didn't l would cry.

And to botch the oath!...How foretelling can you get..
My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one.
John 10: 27-30

Posted Image

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. Psa. 119: 105

#32 User is offline   freedom 

• JESUS LOVES you! and I do too!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 January 2009 - 03:15 PM

Miki, I know how you feel. I am in another room, and heard the inauguration on the tube in our living room...and this stuff is on every news media on the internet. I prayed and asked the LORD, that if I had to hear or see what is happening, even through no fault of my own, that HIS DISCERNMENT would be PROMINATE over all the todo's. Even with all that has transpired this morning, I feel the LORD is showing us something. HE must be, considering all my posts today. :lol:

I am glad you were able to laugh...I need to listen to Rush, today.

The former Pres. and Mrs Bush, are traveling home to Texas. A big change from political Washington DC. My prayers for them are with GOD SPEED. May the LORD bless them, and continue to gaurd over them both.

All of this is making me tired....I need to rest a bit.
John 8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Psalms 103:12 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

Matthew 18:35 So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.

REDEEMED and FORGIVEN! PRAISE the LORD!

'To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did.' When God takes something from your grasp, He's not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better. 'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.' ~ Unknown

Doing the LORD'S WORK is more important than personal gain. (See Ezra 5:1-5 and Haggai 1.) If the LORD is doing a WORK, I want to be serving HIM in it.

Do you know JESUS? HE's my BEST FRIEND.

Psalms 118:26 Blessed be he that cometh in the name of the LORD: we have blessed you out of the house of the LORD.

May the LORD bless you always, Susan
(formerly known as Onetiggerroo)

Sorrow looks back, Worry looks around, Faith looks up. ~ Unknown

#33 User is offline   burningfire 

• YOU WERE ALWAYS THERE TO RESCUE ME
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 January 2009 - 03:25 PM

Sen. Ted Kennedy collapsed at the lunch they were serving from a brain seizure.

John 14:27 - Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

Posted Image

#34 User is offline   Shekel 

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Post icon  Posted 20 January 2009 - 03:35 PM

View PostTHE SEVEN THUNDERS, on Jan 20 2009, 12:39 PM, said:

Did you notice Obambimbo stumbled all over the RUDIMENTARY and SIMPLE words of the presidential oath-----OY! Most scary of all he could not bring himself to say “FAITHFULLY”… obviously it’s an ill omen, no doubt.

"I, Barak Hussein Obama------ (repeats it again) I, Barak Hussein Obama, do solemnly swear---- that I will-------------duh---------- fa------ duh--------that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and I will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States."

I was baffled by this too, and it does seem to be "an ill omen" as you said. Although, the mistake was mainly that of the one leading him in the oath, for it was he that made a mistake on the word "faithfully", which in turn caused Obama to stumble.

But the whole oath was unbelievably embarrassing. I could not help thinking about it throughout his speech, which greatly distracted me. Likely I was not the only one.

And to continue on this negative note (before the positive!), the way the audience poorly received the prayer by the pastor of the Saddle Back Church (Rick Warren, I believe), is a clear indication of how most Americans view evangelicals --- they think they are narrow-minded bigots. Even CNN commented on his poor reception and lack of hand-clapping. Bush's inclusion of evangelicals no doubt has also left a bad taste in many people's mouths.

But positively, Obama had the courage to have Rick Warren pray, and Rick Warren uplifted up the name of Jesus in four languages, starting with "Yeshua". God bless him!

And no matter what some may think of Warren, they must admit that this took courage for Christ, as witnessed by about 4 billion people! Praise God! (Yes, I know that Rick has his faults ... too).

And so, that was my analysis of the event, as I saw it, but now I want to quickly declare what I believe that the Spirit of God has shown me.

============

What I am about to say does not mean that I endorse Obama, or that am unconcerned about certian leadings that he has, such as pro-abortion and the likely Islamic sympathies, these things in the end my prove him "unfaithful" to his oath of office, and thus he may be anti christian in the end --- I hope not, I really do.

This is what I believe the Lord showed me, and this word builds upon what I have already been saying in an earlier post from a few days ago about the downed plane in New York upon the river and the 21-day conflict in Gaza, etc ( http://www.christian...s...st&p=284044 ).

Obama is a type of the coming King of kings, Jesus Christ. The one rejected, the one hated, the one hated ethnically, socially, and every other way. Nevertheless, He shall be king! And he shall bring peace to Israel, and the nations will be ruled with a rod of Iron. And this is the very reason why Israel made the cease fire after 21 days, with the pull out of troops schedualed by noon Washinton time, so as to coincide with the changing of the Presidency. It was a gesture of good will towards the new president, (and a sucking up, which is actually condemned in the Bible, Isaiah 30:2. But we leave out the bad motives for now).

As Obama took oath as "king" of the most powerful nation on earth, Israel, who is one-day destined to have this honor to herself, was also encountering peace, just as it will be when Jesus Christ comes back and is received as "King" by the nation collectively. (This makes it all the more striking that the prayer by Rick Warren ended with the name of "Yeshua" held high, which is "Jesus" in Hebrew.)

Recall the crowds when they would make Jesus their king, and what they then cried:

Luk 19:37-38 "And as he was now drawing nigh, even at the descent of the mount of Olives, the whole multitude of the disciples began to rejoice and praise God with a loud voice for all the mighty works which they had seen; saying, Blessed is the King that cometh in the name of the Lord: peace in heaven, and glory in the highest."

"Peace in heaven" meant to a Jew, universal peace made possible only when Messiah sits enthroned in Jerusalem. And so it will be when King Yeshua returns again.

This concept of "peace" by the coming King is the product of many Old Testament prophecies such as these:

Isa 9:6 "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Isa 9:7 Of the increase of his government and of peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to establish it, and to uphold it with justice and with righteousness from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of Jehovah of hosts will perform this."

Isa 52:7 "How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace, that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation, that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!"

And so, it cannot be a coincidence that the nation (Israel) destined to forever be the most powerful nation on earth, should now make the timing of their own temporary peace (in Gaza) to coincide with the inauguration of a man who most closely embodies the ordination of one whose people ethnically have been rejected, enslaved, displaced and despised, as have been the Jews throughout history, is surely a sign to all.

God is reminding his people by this inauguration to continue to look and anticipate the coming of Messiah Yeshua who will one day Himself bring both true peace and enduring prosperity, and that they will not in the end be ashamed for having waited for Him, rather than pinning there hopes on a man, "whose breath is but in his nostrils".

And the "21-day" timing of the Gaza conflict points to the fact that His coming, that, although it seems to "delay", yet wait for it; it shall surely come!

Isa 2:22 "Cease ye from man, whose breath is in his nostrils; for wherein is he to be accounted of?"

Dan 10:13-14 "But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days; but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me: and I remained there with the kings of Persia. Now I am come to make thee understand what shall befall thy people in the latter days; for the vision is yet for many days:"

Dan 2:44 "And in the days of those kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed, nor shall the sovereignty thereof be left to another people; but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever."

It is interesting that the latest Picture Bible Code revealed to me is that of Yeshua taking His seat on His throne before His Holy Cherub, and before His enemies. http://bible-codes.o...-bible-code.htm

Posted Image

#35 User is offline   SEVEN THUNDERS 

• I AM MY FATHER'S SON
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 January 2009 - 03:37 PM

I vaguely remember a prophecy from the last decade that when the last Kennedy brother (of the three, John, Robert and Edward [Ted]) dies near Easter, that the sitting Pope will also die near Easter of the same year, and this will indicate that America's fate of destruction is sealed and at hand. It's one of those things filed in the back of your head that you don't forget.

"True love is night jasmine, a diamond in darkness, the heartbeat no cardiologist has ever heard.
It is the most common of miracles, fashioned of fleecy clouds a handful of stars tossed into the night sky."
- Jim Bishop -

Posted Image

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
- John 3:16 -

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
- Galatians 2:20 -

Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands.
- Deuteronomy 7:9 -

For the LORD loves the just and will not forsake his faithful ones. . .
- Psalm 37:28 -

And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him.
- 1 John 4:16 -

Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'
- Matthew 22:37-39 -

#36 User is offline   freedom 

• JESUS LOVES you! and I do too!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 January 2009 - 03:49 PM

Well said, Shekel. I am also praying for "O". Not so much for his leadership skills, which are shown to be lacking, throughout his tenure as senator, but that the LORD'S WILL be done, through "O"; regardless of his knowing it or not.

I am also very aware of the situation in Gaza, and rockets were fired again today, by Hamas...

On another note: I posted this today, regarding the meaning of Obama's name:

http://www.christian...s...st&p=285106

Seven, I just saw your post. Praying for Sen. Kennedy.

This post has been edited by freedom: 20 January 2009 - 03:55 PM

John 8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Psalms 103:12 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

Matthew 18:35 So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.

REDEEMED and FORGIVEN! PRAISE the LORD!

'To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did.' When God takes something from your grasp, He's not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better. 'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.' ~ Unknown

Doing the LORD'S WORK is more important than personal gain. (See Ezra 5:1-5 and Haggai 1.) If the LORD is doing a WORK, I want to be serving HIM in it.

Do you know JESUS? HE's my BEST FRIEND.

Psalms 118:26 Blessed be he that cometh in the name of the LORD: we have blessed you out of the house of the LORD.

May the LORD bless you always, Susan
(formerly known as Onetiggerroo)

Sorrow looks back, Worry looks around, Faith looks up. ~ Unknown

• (13 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users