• +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Approaching Comet Comet Lulin (C/2007 N3) Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest_Earendel_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:51 PM

discovered in 2007 by a Strait-bridging team of astronomers from Taiwan and China, is swinging around the sun and approaching Earth. Astronomer Karzaman Ahmad sends this picture taken Jan. 7th from the Langkawi National Observatory in Malaysia:

Posted Image

"I used the observatory's 20-inch telescope for an exposure of 24 minutes," he says. "The image shows the comet's bright tail and an anti-tail."

Right now, Comet Lulin is gliding through the constellation Libra in the southeastern sky before dawn: sky map. It glows like an 8th magnitude star, so a mid-sized backyard telescope is required to see it. Visibility will improve in February as the Earth-comet distance shrinks. At closest approach (0.41 AU) on February 24th, the comet should brighten to about 5th magnitude--dimly visible to the unaided eye and an easy target for binoculars: ephemeris.

Surprises are possible. The near-parabolic orbit of Comet Lulin suggests this could be the comet's first visit to the inner solar system. How it will react to increasing sunlight is anyone's guess. Stay tuned for updates in the weeks ahead.

http://spaceweather.com/

This post has been edited by Earendel: 08 January 2009 - 11:55 PM

#2 Guest_Earendel_*

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:12 AM

View PostEarendel, on Jan 8 2009, 11:51 PM, said:

discovered in 2007 by a Strait-bridging team of astronomers from Taiwan and China, is swinging around the sun and approaching Earth. Astronomer Karzaman Ahmad sends this picture taken Jan. 7th from the Langkawi National Observatory in Malaysia:

Posted Image

"I used the observatory's 20-inch telescope for an exposure of 24 minutes," he says. "The image shows the comet's bright tail and an anti-tail."

Right now, Comet Lulin is gliding through the constellation Libra in the southeastern sky before dawn: sky map. It glows like an 8th magnitude star, so a mid-sized backyard telescope is required to see it. Visibility will improve in February as the Earth-comet distance shrinks. At closest approach (0.41 AU) on February 24th, the comet should brighten to about 5th magnitude--dimly visible to the unaided eye and an easy target for binoculars: ephemeris.

Surprises are possible. The near-parabolic orbit of Comet Lulin suggests this could be the comet's first visit to the inner solar system. How it will react to increasing sunlight is anyone's guess. Stay tuned for updates in the weeks ahead.

http://spaceweather.com/

This could be interesting, everyone remembers the last comet that flew past what happened to it when it became exposed to our sun?

"Incredible Comet Bigger than the Sun - Comet 17P (Holmes) "
A comet that has delighted backyard astronomers in recent weeks after an unexpected eruption has now grown larger than the sun.
Posted Image
The sun remains by far the most massive object in the solar system, with an extended influence of particles that reaches all the planets. But the comparatively tiny Comet Holmes has released so much gas and dust that its extended atmosphere, or coma, is larger than the diameter of the sun...

http://www.space.com...olmes-size.html

Comet Lulin - 2007N3 will approach to 0.41 AU from Earth which is about 38 million miles away. The sun is 93 million miles away from Earth. At closest approach to earth, Comet Holmes was 149 million miles.

This post has been edited by Earendel: 09 January 2009 - 12:27 AM

#3 User is offline   SEVEN THUNDERS 

• I AM MY FATHER'S SON
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 January 2009 - 02:12 AM

You must mean Comet Lulin is larger than the Sun in terms of optical comparison and its closer proximity to the Earth, and not that its actual scale exceeds the size of the Sun, which if that were the case then it would not be a comet, but rather it would be a larger star.

Comets revolve clockwise around the Sun in the opposite direction of both the planets and the Sun's counter-clockwise revolution. The Sirius Binary revolves clockwise like the comets do. My hypothesis, the "Periodic 13,000-Year Sirian-Solar Reconvergence" where the missing half to our Solar System, the Sirius Binary, and our system pass through each other every 13,000 years in a great cyclic transversion postulates that the clockwise comets in our counter-clockwise Solar System are actually dislodged celestial debris from the clockwise Sirius Binary originating in the clockwise debris belts of the Sirian System. The opposite affect would be true with comets in the clockwise Sirius Binary, being counterclockwise cometary debris dislodged by the Sirian-Solar Reconvergence from our counterclockwise system's debris belts.

Additionally, Venus, Uranus and Pluto possess clockwise planetary spins, because they are dislodged bodies from the clockwise Sirius Binary, torn away from their former Sirian orbits during previous periodic Sirian-Solar Reconvergent events, though their orbital revolutions adopted the counter-clockwise revolution of our Solar System. This is why Venus has only one annual day that lasts for a whole year, i.e. an orbital revolution that is one day due to its clockwise spin in our counter-clockwise Solar System. Astronomers do not have an adequate explanation for the phenomenon of the clockwise comets in our counter-clockwise Solar System.

This post has been edited by THE SEVEN THUNDERS: 09 January 2009 - 02:28 AM

"True love is night jasmine, a diamond in darkness, the heartbeat no cardiologist has ever heard.
It is the most common of miracles, fashioned of fleecy clouds a handful of stars tossed into the night sky."
- Jim Bishop -

Posted Image

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
- John 3:16 -

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
- Galatians 2:20 -

Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands.
- Deuteronomy 7:9 -

For the LORD loves the just and will not forsake his faithful ones. . .
- Psalm 37:28 -

And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him.
- 1 John 4:16 -

Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'
- Matthew 22:37-39 -

#4 User is offline   Pamela 

• ~Praise the Lord Each Day~
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 January 2009 - 02:36 AM

I can't recall exactly and I can't remember where I've read this....I am remembering bits and pieces of this so please correct me if I am wrong...

Doesn't a comet passing by the earth mean a coming big judgment on the earth and/or a war is coming?

I know that comets are a sign but I can't remember what it is a sign for....
Posted Image

M O B (MONITORING OBAMA'S BETRAYAL) Not just his!
"How long a minute is, depends on which side of the bathroom door you're on." Zall's Second Law...
.`..`..`... ><(((>.`. ><(((>>Posted Image.`..`..`... ><(((>.`. ><(((>>

#5 Guest_Earendel_*

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:44 AM

View PostTHE SEVEN THUNDERS, on Jan 9 2009, 02:12 AM, said:

You must mean Comet Lulin is larger than the Sun in terms of optical comparison and its closer proximity to the Earth, and not that its actual scale exceeds the size of the Sun, which if that were the case then it would not be a comet, but rather it would be a larger star.

I am sorry if my post was not clear.

No, a comets mass is not larger then the sun, and comets pass us quite regularly. Comet Lulin's mass is not larger the sun, but it is going to pass the Earth. Comet Holmes has already passed us as the articles states, in 2007 - but when it did its atmosphere expanded...its extended atmosphere, or coma, grew to be larger than the diameter of the sun, but not its mass. It passed us at 149 million miles, so we did not see a big fire ball in the sky; the sun is 93 million miles away comparatively.

Comet Lulin (2007N3) will approach to 0.41 AU from the Earth which is about 38 million miles away. If it expands the same way that Comet Holmes did, that is to say its "atmosphere" expands to the same diameter that Comet Holmes did, we will see what appears to be a rather large star in our sky. If it approaches from the southern hemisphere, we could see this thing day and night. It would be quite a sign in the heavens if it happens; I posted this article because this could be a rather significant event for prophecy students. If it Comet Lulin does not expand the same way that comet Holmes did, then it is no big deal, it is just an article of interest and curiosity.

This post has been edited by Earendel: 09 January 2009 - 08:56 AM

#6 User is offline   SEVEN THUNDERS 

• I AM MY FATHER'S SON
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:13 PM

View PostEarendel, on Jan 9 2009, 08:44 AM, said:

View PostTHE SEVEN THUNDERS, on Jan 9 2009, 02:12 AM, said:

I am sorry if my post was not clear.

No, a comets mass is not larger then the sun, and comets pass us quite regularly. Comet Lulin's mass is not larger the sun, but it is going to pass the Earth. Comet Holmes has already passed us as the articles states, in 2007 - but when it did its atmosphere expanded...its extended atmosphere, or coma, grew to be larger than the diameter of the sun, but not its mass. It passed us at 149 million miles, so we did not see a big fire ball in the sky; the sun is 93 million miles away comparatively.

Comet Lulin (2007N3) will approach to 0.41 AU from the Earth which is about 38 million miles away. If it expands the same way that Comet Holmes did, that is to say its "atmosphere" expands to the same diameter that Comet Holmes did, we will see what appears to be a rather large star in our sky. If it approaches from the southern hemisphere, we could see this thing day and night. It would be quite a sign in the heavens if it happens; I posted this article because this could be a rather significant event for prophecy students. If it Comet Lulin does not expand the same way that comet Holmes did, then it is no big deal, it is just an article of interest and curiosity.

Thanks, that really makes sense now.

Yes, since antiquity comet passages have always been associated with being "harbingers of doom". This has to do with a "collective human residual phobia" of the pre-antiquity and cyclic passage of the Sirius Binary (Wormwood) 13,000 years ago that ended the previous Earth Age at the zenith of it technology and catapulted Humankind into Neobarbarism. Immanuel Velikovsky correctly perceived that the human race suffers from a "collective amnesia" from the cognitive awareness of a former transterrestrial celestial catastrophic event that was so utterly titanic in nature that it seared a great dread in the "collective consciousness" of postcatastrophic survivors. Peripheral debris of "comets" precedes the 13,000-year recurrent "Sirian-Solar Reconvergence" (cosmocataclysm) [and also proceeds it, afterwards]. Because of this preceding of cometary activity before the onslaught of the "Sirian (Wormwood) Death Blow", the notion of comets being "harbingers of DOOM" developed in the post-passage period of Sirius (which the main culprit will not return until the next 13,000-year cycle is complete, perhaps in a decade or so). So every time a comet appeared in the sky humans reacted with ominous dread, but the "collective memory" dulled regarding comets true origins due to the passage of millennium so the memory of the Sirian Death Blow became lost, though its affects of Collective human residual phobia survives (and clues and data documented in the worldwide mythological record); hence, this resulted in the onset of the "collective amnesia" Velikovsky identified.

"True love is night jasmine, a diamond in darkness, the heartbeat no cardiologist has ever heard.
It is the most common of miracles, fashioned of fleecy clouds a handful of stars tossed into the night sky."
- Jim Bishop -

Posted Image

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
- John 3:16 -

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
- Galatians 2:20 -

Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands.
- Deuteronomy 7:9 -

For the LORD loves the just and will not forsake his faithful ones. . .
- Psalm 37:28 -

And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him.
- 1 John 4:16 -

Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'
- Matthew 22:37-39 -

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users