Ezekiel's Temple Where does it fit in with bible prophecy Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Shekel 

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Post icon  Posted 18 November 2005 - 08:40 AM

(In answer to email...)

Dear Shekel ,

I do not understand your remarks about Jesus needing a rebuilt Temple .

James speaks in Acts 15 of the Tabernacle of David , but this is not the Temple surely .

Revelation 21 speaks of the Tabernacle of God , but neither is this the Temple surely .

Isaiah 66 v1 -2 tells us that ' those things hath been '........

Yours ***

www.1260-1290-days-bible-prophecy.org/bible_prophecy-Israel-nation-1260+1260-years-A-1.htm

This is an interesting subject. Most evangelcal writers that I am aware of believe that one will be rebuilt, probably two. The first will be the one that antichrist will sit in as said in Thessalonians, and the other the mellenial temple describes in the book of Ezekiel. The reason for building them would be to look back at the meaning of the sacrifice of
Christ typically as they looked forward to it before Christ died.

Dean

Good Christians disagree on this subject for obvious reasons. But if we do without the mellenial temple than the prophecy of Ezekiels temple did not nor ever will come to pass, unless we understand it only in symbolic way which creates even more problems. For how can we subjectively treat one passage one way and another literally?

www.1260-1290-days-bible-prophecy.org/bible_prophecy-Israel-nation-1260+1260-years-A-1.htm

====================

Dear Shekel ,

Ezekiel's Temple is like David's Tabernacle .

' The Lord is There .'

But the Third Temple I just don't get . If Solomon's Temple was anthropomorhic , it served one purpose , as a shadow of Christ .

Christ even related himself to the Temple , body-wise .

I just don't understand why any sane Christian would want to build a Temple devoted to obsolete animal sacrifices ( as warned against in Isaiah 66 ) and later habitation by the Antichrist !!

I'm not getting it , and I don't see what the Third Temple has to do with Ezekiel's Temple . I don't see why the latter necessitates the former .

My reply:

The temple that antichrist will sit in will be built in unbelief and rebellion. But Ezekiel's is another story. It was never built. The elaborate plans were never fulfilled. If we say they are just symbolic than we run into a very knotty problem hermeneutically speaking. Who decides what is pure symbolism from that which for hundreds of years was taken as symbolic? Do you really think that Ezekiel and the Jews of Ezekiel's day thought of the temple of Ezekiel 40 as symbolic only?

Jesus said that Herods temple was like His body, yes, but He did not deny the reality of Herods temple. The literal was a symbol of the spiritual. But to have non-literal temple symbolic of a spiritual reality is inconsistent with the way the bible speaks throughout on other subjects. What is literal is literal? There are no clues in Ezekiel that tell us that Ezekiel's temple is not real, but only figurative. Is the war in the two chapters before Ezekiel 40 also just symbolic? How about the return to their own land in Ezekiel 36-37? And just because the one had an initial fulfillment in the return of 537 BC does not mean that that it does not apply to yet future events such as 1948.

And if that prophecy of the return home to Israel was fulfilled never to again have any future fulfillment, than what about the war in Ezekiel 38-39? Why are they side by side and why do they even overlap, for the last verses of Ezekiel 39 tie in to Ezekiel 36-37 about the return home. Chapters 36 to the end of the book are one unit, especially chapters 36-39. Beside, Revelation speaks of "Gog and Magag" as battling at the end of the Mellenium, and hence another great war since the first happens just before the Mellenium. (Unless you are an amellenialist or post mellenialist.) Thus the prophecy of Gog and Magog refers to more than one battle. And if this prophecy refers to more than one event, than why not the chapters before Ezekiel 38 about the return of the nation back to thier homeland? :)

I am going to put this on the forum for others to read. I think it will be helpful for others too. :)

#2 User is offline   Shekel 

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 November 2005 - 09:04 AM

Dear Shekel ,

But Ezekiel's Temple is quite massive , about 60 miles by 60 miles square .

And the twelve tribes are going to inhabit it . To me it sounds like something that will be fulfilled in the Millenial Kingdom .

( When I believe there will also be a Jacob's ladder to another Temple in the heavenly - the Temple in the highest mountain - where those who shine as stars will walk up and down )

It will be fulfilled in the Mellenium Kingdom. I thought that you don't believe that it is literal? I do not believe that it will be pre-mellenial either. So perhaps we have simply misunderstood each other!

#3 User is offline   Shekel 

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 18 November 2005 - 09:37 AM

Hey Dean

I think there is a clear distinction between what God builds and what man builds , which goes all the way back to Jahweh's discussion with King David . Now I'm not saying I particularly understand these things, but I certainly don't see any command anywhere for believers to build a 3rd Temple. That's all I'm saying .

As per the City of Ezekiel , I suppose that it is built by God .

You said, "but I certainly don't see any command anywhere for believers to build a 3rd Temple. That's all I'm saying."

To this I agree!

Christians should not be involved in the civil affairs of Israel unless they live there. But we are indepted to the Jew for Messiah, therefore a little misplaced enthusiasm for them should not be frowned upon.

And I think we agree on the other issues as well, for I am not adamant as to whether Ezekiel's temple will ever literally be rebuilt. I am only saying that it makes the most sense to me. And I am saying that the temple-prophecy ties into Israel becoming a nation in 1948 as a first step toward this temple-prophecy being fulfilled. For things are being fulfilled in stages just as they were destroyed in stages both in 745/725/701...606/597/586 BC and in AD 30, 70 and 135.

And so Israel becoming a nation again in 1948 was the first step in the process to fulfilling Ezekiel 40 concerning the temple and city, whether the prophecy is taken allegorically or literally, just as the return from Babylon in 538-537 BC was the first step toward rebuilding the temple of Zerubabbel in 520-516 BC. (And again under Ezra in 458 BC.) The return to the land and the rebuilding of the temple are part and parcel of one main event --- the restoration of Israel. This is why it is significant that there are 1260 + 1260 years exactly from the prophecy of the temple of Ezekiel (ch. 40) until Israel becoming a nation again in May of 1948. :)

See www.1260-1290-days-bible-prophecy.org/bible_prophecy-Israel-nation-1260+1260-years-A-1.htm

#4 User is offline   Miki 

• Advanced Member 9
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 November 2005 - 10:10 AM

Maybe he'll change the literal temple into the mellenial temple, described in the book of Ezekiel, in the twinkling of an eye. From Pumpkin to coach.
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:HQAef-1alggJ:tace.com/thumbnails/jpg/250/items/pictures/ pp20213.jpg

A place where the devil dwells....
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:_nDf3oSgMvcJ:www.evilpumpkinracing.com/evlpmkn.jpg

And it carries us to the prince charmings castle. :blush:
Posted Image

And the cinders (ashes we've worn) will be changed to bridle gown and we live happily ever after...

Just talking... :blush:
My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one.
John 10: 27-30

Posted Image

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. Psa. 119: 105

#5 User is offline   dlcamp 

• Advanced Member 1
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 November 2005 - 01:07 PM

Miki, you are so funny :lol:

Shekel, I believe you are right on!

David

#6 User is offline   Simple 

• Advanced Member 6
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 November 2005 - 07:10 PM

Miki you crack me up .

And you have Ravioli for thanksgiving .

How good does it get ?

Acts 17 v 24

God dwelleth not in Temples made of human hands ..........

still watching Jerusalem nervously ....................!!
"Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler" Albert Einstein

government of the people, by the bankers, for the bankers

"Underground, overground, Wombling free
The Wombles of Wimbledon Common are we..."

The Lion, though mighty, must eat his food quickly when the hyenas are in town.

"He is going to destroy this country, and we're either going to stop him, or the United States will cease to exist...........That is a man with such a seared conscience I can't even understand why anybody in their right mind would consider him worthy of political support. That's a violation of conscience that is inconceivable...........We're in the midst of the greatest crisis this country has ever seen, and if we don't stop laughing and deal with it, we're going to find ourselves in the midst of chaos, confusion, and civil war; it's time we started acting like grown-ups......this is insanity, it's as if we've put insane children and adolescents in charge of our government......" Alan Keyes

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users