Christian-Forum.net: Has The Gospel Been Preached Throughout The World? - Christian-Forum.net

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Has The Gospel Been Preached Throughout The World? Matthew 24:14

#1 User is offline   Fere 

• Advanced Member 2
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 August 2008 - 08:36 PM

Matthew 24:14
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Has the Gospel been preached throughout the World? I know that some smaller countries or tribes in the World might not have heard the Gospel??? How would you interpret this. (Plus some poor countries have people who can't read).

I was just thinking about this earlier and I was curious to what you think on this.

I see that some believe that this was fulfilled during the Apostolic Age??? Would the "world" in this mean the entire world or just what was considered the world at the time?

Thanks.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In everything, therefore, treat people the same way you want them to treat you, for this is the Law and the Prophets. ~Matthew 7:12~

#2 Guest_damo7_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 30 August 2008 - 12:34 AM

high

no not at all and their is one member hear who is against our bible translaters its as if only the ones who have had a good education and can speak english are the ones we should be focusing on

i tend to support our translators and pray gods blessings over them i have a friend who has just tranlated the new testament to the aborigonal tribe he has been working close with this tribe in australia has its own language and it took him and the team under him 4yrs to get the book of luke right so that this tribe can understand what luke had to say

in some parts of my country which is yugoslavia there are a lot of serbs and croations that cant read but can speak the language very well

and i am noticing this in australia i have seen were men and women who cant read or write and it puzzles me how they have survived as in this country you need to know how to read and how to write and how to use a computer as the way the world has changed bosses these days communicate by sending out emails or having you write a written report

security gaurds for example have their own books and in the book you write down what you observe in the sites you are working in you also have a communications book and it needs to be written clear so that your boss and the other gaurds can understand this is how things are done in australia

what i noticed is when jesus picked the 12 not one of them were educated also they had jesus they did not need to read from the bible i have in my home he was like an open book to them

what gets up my nose is how selfish some christians have gotten its like they pick who they want to share the gospel to

in my fiancees country which is the philippines their are people who have not had a good education but have been able to provide for their familys a lot of filapinos cant speak english and tend to speak their langauge

my fiancee and our members have the bible in their own langauge and also have an english verssion in their homes

when i was in the philippines i was taken to this farm my fiancee holds 5 bible study groups on saturday the farm i was taken to this family has just given their lives to the lord they were x catholics my fiancee shared to them in their own langauge with out the family needing to look at the bible

my fiancee told me that their are filapinos who have not bothered to learn to read or write and she explained why

this is something i am going to have to get use to and when i am accepted as a filapino citazen my father in law and my new wife and my mother in law will teach me their language i guess i wil even have to learn how to read and even write in there language

so i say no the gospel has not been preached through out the world or has it reached the ones that jesus wants us to preach to

the end is not near jesus says when the gospel is preached through out the world then the end wil come

we need to do our best to make sure everyone gets a chance to hear the gospel preached if it means learning a new language or supporting the men and women who translate the bible into diffrent languages do it with out whinning and only targetting the ones who speak your language why should we get to a place in our walk were we become selfish

God bless from damo

This post has been edited by damo7: 30 August 2008 - 03:53 AM

#3 User is offline   kiva` 

• PipPip

Posted 30 August 2008 - 01:48 AM

"Shall" means, to me, an obligation. This passage, I believe, is telling us that we have an obligation to the world; to preach the Gospel to them. And the word "world" I would say describes the whole world, including the smallest of tribes in Africa and Asia to the biggest nation in the world.

I see that God has enough faith in His sons and daughters to preach the Word to the whole world that only shall the end come after it. John 4:19 says, "We Love because He first loved us." I think we can also apply this to our faith in Him, that we only have faith in Him because He first had faith in us.

#4 User is offline   Fere 

• Advanced Member 2
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 August 2008 - 11:50 AM

I agree, somewhere I thought I had read how many languages the Bible has been interpreted in. I cannot remember where I found that information before. Of course, that will not help those who cannot read. I know the Gospel is also on television, but not all people have that either. There are some people out there that can't read, don't have television and have not heard the gospel.

I don't know why, but this has been on my mind. (The people who have not heard it yet). Many have died and never knew.

In everything, therefore, treat people the same way you want them to treat you, for this is the Law and the Prophets. ~Matthew 7:12~

#5 User is offline   Adonaicole 

• Advanced Member 4
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:50 PM

Can anyone mention, one country where the gospel has not been preached? If you do, I believe that I can prove you wrong.
Openly love each other, for this is pure, undefiled religion.

Love always,

Don

#6 User is offline   Fere 

• Advanced Member 2
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:54 PM

How do or would we know where it has been preached? Is there a place to find this information?

Thanks.

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users