• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

King David Had Syphilis PSalm 38:7 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Jeff Joseph 

• Advanced Member 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 August 2008 - 01:57 AM

A few weeks ago I was being told I made up lies about King David as my mother told me years ago David Got syphilis in his lifetime. She found the scripture for me and I wanted to state that I never lied about King David.

David Admits he sinned Psalm 38:3 "There is no soundness in my flesh because of thine anger; neither is there any rest in my bones because of my sin"

David describes his symptoms 38:7 "For my loins are filled with a loathsome disease: and there is no soundness in my flesh"

Sounds like syphilis to me.

#2 User is offline   Dan 

• Advanced Member 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 14 August 2008 - 03:49 AM

View PostJeff Joseph, on Aug 14 2008, 02:57 AM, said:

A few weeks ago I was being told I made up lies about King David as my mother told me years ago David Got syphilis in his lifetime. She found the scripture for me and I wanted to state that I never lied about King David.

David Admits he sinned Psalm 38:3 "There is no soundness in my flesh because of thine anger; neither is there any rest in my bones because of my sin"

David describes his symptoms 38:7 "For my loins are filled with a loathsome disease: and there is no soundness in my flesh"

God is in charge of diseases to. King David did not have syphilis.

Isaiah 45
7 I form the light and create darkness, I make peace and create calamity; I, the Lord, do all these things.'

Deuteronomy 32
39 'Now see that I, even I, am He, And there is no God besides Me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; Nor is there any who can deliver from My hand.

#3 User is offline   Mysteryman 

• Advanced Member 4
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 August 2008 - 07:05 AM

View PostJeff Joseph, on Aug 14 2008, 01:57 AM, said:

If you read Psalms 38:13 & 14 you could come to the conclusion that David was deaf. But he wasn't ! Nor did he have a disease. Take note, that the word "disease is in italics. This tells you that it was added by man. The word "loathsome" should read "loathsomeness" = meaning = stink

Look at Numbers 11:19 & 20 - God is saying that you will eat for a month , until your nostrils (smell for food) will stink (loathsome). When one is hungry, then food smells so good, but when you are over full, then food stinketh (turns you stomach). The same is true with Psalm 38:7 , in that he had many wives and had much sex life, and it was thought of by David, as being an over abundance to the point it now stinketh.

IN Christ - Christ IN

#4 User is offline   AppyGroove 

• Sci-Fi watching, travelling dude
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 August 2008 - 05:36 AM

While we will never know for sure and everything is open for interpretation--

Jeff Joseph has a valid interpretation given the fact:

* While many ancient cultures (no pun intended) recognized some medicinal effects of some molds, penicillin was not discovered until the ~1920s. and latex contraceptives were not invented yet (late 1800s). While its possible that king david had access to infection treatments, isn't mold and mildew at least in houses considered unclean?

* David had 6 wives and 'numerous' concubines (2 Samuel 5:13; 1 Chronicles 3:1-9, 14:3)

Can't take credit for the above, just pieced together...

Many theorize and diagnose ailments of historical figures using symptoms from doctor logs, personal diaries, etc.... Some suggest Lincoln had Marfan's (sp.?) syndrome. Some interesting discoveries have been made about Napoleon's death.

While some symptoms of syphillis include mental degeneration, I'm not going to go as far as to say that is why David was caught dancing naked... ;)
“You may never know what results come of your action, but if you do nothing there will be no result”
- Ghandi

#5 User is offline   Jeff Joseph 

• Advanced Member 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 August 2008 - 05:39 AM

Psalms 38:13 & 14
This is referring to David acting as if he we being willingly deaf and not listening to God by sleeping around when he knew should not be doing that. See David was admitting that he was stupid for what he did and part of why God delivered him was because everytime he screwed up he repented and actually ment it.

The purpose of this being written is telling us not to make the same mistake David did in the first place. So you won't have to go and repent if you don't commit the sin in the first place.

If David did not get syphilis then why would all his lovers stay away from him? The answer is they didn't want to get infected from him.

#6 User is offline   TurnFromEvilAndLive 

• listening post...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 August 2008 - 06:09 AM

You are reading WAAAAAAAAAAAY too much in that verse. How can you jump to such a conclusion? Were you there? Are you a doctor??? Did you diagnos David? Your accusations are grievious and unfounded. Not only that, but the point you are attempting to prove serves no good purpose.

This post has been edited by IAMlives: 15 August 2008 - 06:11 AM

...formerly, IAMlives
Revelation 12:11 "And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.........

*MY TESTIMONY; post #179; post #201; post #209*
----------------------------------
GOSPEL TRUTH:

*The Unleavened Truth of the Gospel contains Repentance; Repentance and obeying God's commandments (post #104); The atonement (blood sacrifice for sins), feast of unleavened bread and passover are one, post #91 (my responses are in purple)*
-----------------------------------
He who holds the seven stars in His right hand, who walks in the midst of the seven golden lampstands...He who has the sharp two-edged sword...the Son of God, who has eyes like a flame of fire, and His feet like fine brass...He who has the seven Spirits of God and the seven stars...He who is holy, He who is true, He who has the key of David, He who opens and no one shuts, and shuts and no one opens...the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God...Jesus Christ, Lord of Lords and King of Kings is His name...the ALPHA AND THE OMEGA, THE BEGINNING AND THE END, first and last is HE!

hallelujah! Come Lord Jesus!

Posted Image
"I AM the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star...who opens and no one shuts, and shuts and no one opens"...Jesus Christ

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users