Christian-Forum.net: Katrina To Great Quake --- 40 Days - Christian-Forum.net

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Katrina To Great Quake --- 40 Days Why 40 days between these catastrophes? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Shekel 

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Post icon  Posted 09 October 2005 - 09:45 AM

The way things are going the North-Pakistan earthquake could well reach 100,000 dead.

This is very sad, and something that God takes no delight in. :(

But I noticed this:

Muslims extremists rejoiced at hurricane Katrina, and now, 40 days later this great quake occurs in a land well know for Islamic extremism---Pakistan (and Afganistan.) (From August 29 to Oct. 8, 2005 equals 40 days.)

It is interesting that 40 days is considered to be a period of mourning to many Arab Muslims. (Recall the 40 day mourning for Yassar Arafat last year.) Thus, once mourning ended for one it began for another.

"....the epicentre of the quake appeared to be in Kolihistan near Gilgit in northern Pakistan."

It is interesting (and it may only be coincidental) that the epi-center occured near Gilgit, a place known for a peculiar ceremony by a minority sect of Islam:

"In the mountain town of Gilgit in northern Pakistan, the minority Muslim Shia sect celebrates Ashura each year to commemorate the death of Hussain, the last descendant of Mohammed. Hussein's tragic death marked the end of the divine blood line, and the festival begins 40 days of mourning.

The Shias gather in the town centre, chanting passionately and beating their chests. The climactic ritual is for the men to flagellate themselves with sharpened blades, slashing themselves repeatedly as the blood pours down their back and only stopping when they are completely exhausted."

{Compare this to Elijah and the prophets of Baal and then Elijah's 40 days in the desert followed by a mountain earthquake. [1Kings 18-19])

(1Ki 18:28) "And they cried aloud, and cut themselves after their manner with knives and lances, till the blood gushed out upon them." (1Ki 19:8; 11-12) "And he (Elijah) arose, and did eat and drink, and went in the strength of that food forty days and forty nights unto Horeb the mount of God... And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before Jehovah. And, behold, Jehovah passed by, and a great and strong wind (sounds like Katrina and Stan!) rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before Jehovah; but Jehovah was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but Jehovah was not in the earthquake (sounds like the Pakistan Quake!): and after the earthquake a fire (?); but Jehovah was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice." }

Of course, 40 days is also a very important time-frame in the Bible. (See Bible Prophecy Numbers website at bottom of article.)

We know that "desolations are decreed until the end of the age." But the fact that they are "decreed" (Dan. 9:26) suggest that they are ordered on a strict time table. (Note the context of Dan. 9 --- The passage informs us how that God controls the times and seasons of men.)

Therefore, I am suggesting that this 40 days from Katrina to the quake should remind Muslims that they are not more righteous than America!

This is what Jesus had to say concerning two tragedies in His own day:

Luke 13:1-5 "Now there were some present at that very season who told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices.
And he answered and said unto them, Think ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they have suffered these things?
I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all in like manner perish.
Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and killed them, think ye that they were offenders above all the men that dwell in Jerusalem?
I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish."

God is warning Muslims that they need to turn to Jesus as their Savior, just as back-slidden America must ---or it too will perish. Muslims are our brothers after Adam, but not after Christ the second Adam. But still, as fellow humans, loved of God, they must repent and turn to Jesus. He is the only hope of salvation. We all share one ancestor --- Adam, and we all have one Creator ---God --- and we all have but one Savior, Jesus Christ the Son of God.

The fact that this earthquake occured three-and-a-half days into their holy month of Ramadan further indicates that God is not pleased with empty rituals, but would have simple repentance toward Christ Jesus and except His salvation apart from our efforts --- Jesus is God's salvation.

The 40 days also ties in with other numeric, but I do not wish to complicate things. (See the bird flu post and the hurricane Katrina post if you want more bible prophecy numbers!)

--------------------
I am also pondering the 'Mayan Calendar' and the year AD 2012. It is all over the internet. (Not that I support the belief system of the ancient Mayan people!) ---And now these huge mudslides killing thousands of Mayan's, the result of hurricane Stan. Is it a coincidence? (Note the articles on Katrina and Rita and the link of hurricane Stan to the year 2012 ----written two weeks or so ago.)

Again I must repeat the words of Jesus, "Unless you repent you shall ALL likewise perish." One is no better than the other in the truest sense. We are all born of fallen Adam. But we must be born again to be saved. If any one does not know what it means to be born again, than ask on the forum!

Peace and mercy be our in Christ, and may it reach out its wings and bring in others in these dire days.

#2 User is offline   Marta 

• Jesus, please come soon....this world is a mess!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 October 2005 - 10:42 AM

Shekel, on Oct 9 2005, 08:45 AM, said:

The way things are going the Pakistan quake could well reach 100,000 dead.

This is very sad, and something that God takes no delight in.  :(

But I noticed this:

Muslims extremists rejoiced at hurricane Katrina, and 40 days later this great quake occurs in a land well know for Islamic extremism---Pakistan (and Afganistan.) (August 29 to Oct. 8, 2005.)

It is interesting that 40 days is a period of mourning to Muslims. (Recall the 40 day mourning for Yassar Arafat last year.) Thus, once mourning ended for one it began for another --- our brother Esau and Ishmael!

Of course, 40 days is also a very important time-frame in the bible. (See bible prophecy numbers website at bottom of article.)

We know that desolation are decreed throughout the age. But the fact that they are "decreed" (Dan. 9) suggest that they are ordered on a strict time table. (Note the context of Dan. 9 --- it is all about God controlling the times and days of men.)

So I am suggesting that the 40 days is a way of God warning Muslims that they are not more righteous than America. But as Jesus said when the tower fell in His day--- Jesus said: "Do not think that this happened to them because they are more wicked than others, but I say unto you that unless you repent you shall likewise perish."

God is warning Muslims that they need to turn to Jesus as their Savior, just as back-slidden America must ---or it too will perish. Muslims are our brothers after Adam, but not after Christ the second Adam. But still, as fellow humans, loved of God, they must repent and turn to Jesus. He is the only hope of salvation. We all share one ancestor --- Adam, and we all have one Creator ---God --- and we all have but one Savior, Jesus Christ the Son of God.

The fact that this earthquake occured in their holy month of Ramadan further indicates that God is not pleased with empty rituals, but would have simple repentance toward Christ Jesus and except His salvation apart from our efforts --- Jesus is God's salvation.

The 40 days also ties in with other numeric, but I do not wish to complicate things. (See the bird flu article and the hurricane Katrina post if you want more bible prophecy numbers!)

I also am thinking about the Mayan Calendar and the year 2012. It is all over the internet. ---And now this huge mudslide killing thousands of Mayan's, the result of hurricane Stan. Is it a coincidence? (Note the articles on Katrina and Rita and the link of hurricane Stan to the year 2012 ----written two weeks or so ago.) Again I must emphasize, "Unless you repent you shall ALL likewise perish." One is no better than the other in the truest sense. We are all born of fallen Adam. But we must be born again to be saved. If any one does not know what it means to be born again, than ask on the forum!

Peace and mercy be our in Christ, and may it reach out its wings and bring in others in these dire days.
View Post

Wow Shekel! :o
Your friend,
Marta :-)

#3 User is offline   dennis mann 

• Advanced Member 8
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 October 2005 - 12:45 PM

To be born again? What does that mean?

All of us (except born-again Christians) are dead (spiritually). We don't know God and the Spiritual Life which He offers to us. Every motive within us is evil, selfish, lazy, wicked, hurtful. Even our good deeds are motivated by selfish, proud, un-loving desires. We are alienated from God and His Christ Jesus. We are enemies of God, and we are on Satan's side. We are children of the devil.
Jesus said, "If you're not helping Me to gather together, then you're scattering". There are no fence-straddlers; No one is neutral. We are for God, or we are for the devil.

But! Thank God that He has offered us a Rescue! If we believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ (the New Testament of the Christian Bible), and if we repent of our sins, then God will save us from our sins! He will wash our sins away with the Blood of Jesus Christ. Christ will indwell us by the Holy Spirit of Christ Jesus! Our sins are forgiven. We are made to be Spiritually alive in Christ. We are born-again------a Spiritual re-birth-------a birth from Heaven. Christ lives within us. We are led by His Spirit. We receive miraculous Spiritual gifts and spiritual fruit, such as healings, prophecies, discernment of spirits, love, joy, wisdom, hope, patience, self-control, understanding, etc

Christ died , and, 3 days later, rose again to resurrection life. If we believe that He died for our sins, then we don't have to die for our sins. Christ has paid our sin-debt.

On the day that Christ was crucified, a thief was crucified beside Him. The thief admitted his sin and guilt, and acknowledged that Christ was the coming King, of the Kingdom of God.
The thief said to Christ, "Lord, remember me when You come into Your Kingdom." And Christ replied, "Today, you shall be with Me in Paradise."

Salvation from our sins is free and simple. Available to every person on earth.

dennis manning

dennis manning
www.bible-codes.org
www.demonbusters.com
www.omegamanradio.com
www.theelijahchallenge.org
win worley
bill schnoebelen

#4 User is offline   Tzeitel 

• Watching and Waiting.....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 October 2005 - 12:47 PM

Wow 40 days ....this is getting more freaky by the week :ph34r:

GOD IS IN CONTROL
"A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory" Mat 12:20

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Miki 

• Advanced Member 9
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 October 2005 - 01:44 PM

And there's something else....

Those words keep coming to mind...???
My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one.
John 10: 27-30

Posted Image

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. Psa. 119: 105

#6 Guest_lovingHIM_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 09 October 2005 - 01:46 PM

And there's something else....

Those words keep coming to mind...???

Mikki, I agree. There is more to come, something else.....just pray

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »