Bird Flu Will Fly Moth Bible Code Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Shekel 

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Post icon  Posted 01 October 2005 - 02:58 PM

Cherrychookie, on Sep 30 2005, 10:51 AM, said:

BIRD FLU PANDEMIC LATEST ANNOUNCEMENT

UNITED NATIONS (AFP) - The United Nations warned an expected human avian flu pandemic could kill up to 150 million people, naming a special coordinator to lead a global strategy to contain it.

UN chief Kofi Annan appointed David Nabarro, a Briton who is one of the leading World Health Organization's (WHO) public health experts, as senior UN coordinator for avian and human influenza.

"Let's say the range of (human) deaths could be anything between five and 150 million. I believe the work we are doing over the next few months on prevention and preparedness will make the difference between for example whether the next pandemic leads us in the direction of 150 (million) or in the direction of five," Nabarro said.

"We expect the next (human) influenza pandemic to come at any time now. It is likely to be caused by a mutant of the virus that is currently causing bird flu in Asia," Nabarro told reporters as he outlined a three-pronged strategy to deal with the threat.

COULD THIS BE THE BIG ONE?
View Post

I am watching this flew thing very closely. The Lord was speaking to me about it yesterday for most of the day. I will tell you what God brought to my attention and then you can deduce what you want! (At least I have said what the Lord has shown me thus far!) I will tell you what I think God is saying, but at this point I can't say I am 100% sure. But I will simply say what is and what I deduce, and then you can try to figure out things with me! (For what the Lord reveals He wants me to share. And since He wants me to know these things I can only conclude that He wants me to share it with others too.)

God speaks to us in different ways and in different measures according to our faith, which, too, is a gift from God!

In a nutshell, what I think God is saying is that the SARS virus of three years ago was a warning of what is coming. And my thought is that it will come either in the next month, or within the next six months. (That is by spring of 2006.)

I hope you all don't mind me speaking plainly, and without sensationalism. I will tell you what I know and don't know. (I think this is where many prophets get into trouble. They want to pretend they know everything and they speak presumptuously. But even here we need to be patient with people who are just growing in this calling, for they will eventually learn the hard way [if they are humble], and we should encourage them. I am not talking about seasoned prophets who should no better! They need to be rebuked!)

God speaks to me in many ways, as he does to you. But the main way He speaks to me is by bible numbers and bible codes. (Bible Codes study is now history for me. What I have revealed on my My Webpage is revealed and I have no plans of adding more. They will continue to come to pass in their time!)

Three years ago in August, the Lord showed me a series of 6 circles like seals, they were interconnected like stands of DNA . They were encoded in the first chapters of Exodus where we have the geneology of Moses. They were at 1290-letter skips. Images of animals were in most of them. (See the Moth/SARS Bible Code for more.)

Then, on September 16th, 2002, which was the Day of Atonement on the regular Jewish calendar, at the end of that day the Lord had me discover the 7th seal. It was found in the book of Daniel where it talks about being "tested 10 days" at the start of the three-year instruction-period given to Daniel and his three Hebrew friends. (They had just been exiled, 606-603 BC, though some have 605-602 BC.) (Note that 1260 + 1290 years later equals 1945 to 1948, which was the end of WW2, the UN formed, and Israel became a nation!)

You know the story! Daniel did not want to eat from the (Babylonian) king's table and asked that he be "tested 10 days" to see if he would be healthier than the rest if allowed to simply eat vegitables.

In that passage, there is a bible code of an image of a moth made out of the letters for the name of "Moses", and once, "To the Lamb." There is much more to it, but you can read it for yourself on the website under "Moth/SARS Bible Code."

http://www.bible-cod...code-SARS-1.htm

Anyway, I want to get to the point! (And it is hard to do so without getting into this necessary background!)

That strange bible code (with its odd riddle) ended up being initially fulfilled in the SARS scare. God interpreted that admittedly odd riddle to me by a series of signs at the time. (See web site.) The moth bible code essentially has to do with a "wasting disease" (moth means 'wasting,' and the idea is of a curse flying forth ---sounds like the avian flu, doesn't it?)

God was saying that a seventh seal of some sort, (not the one in the book of Revelation exactly, but perhaps in some way related to it?) was about to be opened unleashing a wasting disease, but in it God would show "grace."

The Picture Bible Code also formed the pattern of the tabernacle of Moses, along with its true measurements! (I have a whole web site devoted to that temple called, "Temple of Time." I do not mention the bible code on that site since I simply use the biblical measurements of the temple and there was no need to connect it to the bible code. That web site was put out at the time of the Iraq war in 2003, which was also when SARS was spreading. In the bible, judgement is often seen as coming forth from God's temple.)

Anyway, the SARS/Moth Bible Code is fully 1260 + 1260 letters long, which is 7 years without leap months. (1260 + 1260 = 7 x 360 days. Recall that the antichrist sets himself up in the temple for this same period of time as well. It is a prophecy about that and more.)

Well, that seventh circle/seal of the Moth Bible Code was discovered, as I said, Sept. 16, 2002. (See the Moth Code where I specify the dates of these things.)

The ten days and ten years took on great importance in this bible code. Over and over again ten days or ten years kept appearing. (See Web Site for examples.) I mean, over and over again! (For instance, notice the 10 days of record tornadoes that I mention in the post about the Quartet and hurricane Rita.

www.christian-forum.net/index.php?showtopic=1894&view=findpost&p=15046)

Also, all those that came into contact with a SARS patient were isolated "10 days," etc., etc., etc. The center of the action was near Grace Hospital in Toronto very near where I grew up and lived for nearly 40 years. It was where my children were born. (They were born in Grace, but we in Mount Sinai!) So, all these things were happening right where I lived and worked. It was not some far off removed place that God was speaking to me about these things at the time. I remember the day we drove by Grace Hospital and saw the entire building wrapped in yellow tape forbidding anyone from coming or going --- and then the masks warn by those walking the streets! Scary!

Anyway, the 10 days and 10 years was also divided into 3 + 7 = 10, or 7 + 3 = 10. This pattern also was repeated again and again. (See the 3 + 7 days of record tornadoes as an example.) Also, the length of the bible code itself is 1260 + 1260 letters or seven-years of letters.

Even the picture bible code of the Moth overlaps the Burning Bush Bible Code at 7 + 3 = 10 (3600) letters!

http://www.bible-cod...es-prophecy.gif

[color=green]Getting to the point![/color]

Well, I noticed yesterday that from Sept. 16, 2002 (when I discovered the moth code) until yesterday (Sept. 30, 2005) was 3 x 360 days, plus a leap month, (360 + 360 + 360 + 30 = 1110 days.) Thus, yesterday was the third anniversary from when I discoved the moth code according to the 360 calendar of bible prophecy.

I also noted that one month ago was Aug. 31, 2005, which is an even 360 + 360 + 360 days without the leap month. This is the same day that completed the New Orleans flood, etc., and that same day was itself "430 days" back to when the Balance Bible Code came to me. (See those posts about Katrina and Rita where I go into great detail concerning that numeric. Notice I talk about there being another 1260 + 1290 days from Aug. 31, 2005, until 2012, which, in turn, is 1260 + 1290 years back to the fall of Babylon in 539 BC, and the "Writing on the Wall." etc. Recall that the Iraq/Babylon war occured at the end of the outbreak of SARS!) (I am trying to speed up this post!)

Anyway, the point is this:

The three years from Oct. 16, 2002 (Tishri 10th, "Day of Atonement") until the 430th day from when the Lord revealed to me the Balance Bible Code (June 27, 2004 to Aug. 31, 2005) are 360 x 3 days. Hence, this, plus the 1260 + 1290 days till 2012 equal a ten-year period, divided up exactly as in past times: --- 3 + 7 years = 10 years.

(Fall of 2002 to 2005 to 2012.)

When I noticed this yesterday, it caught my attention. I didn't even know that the two codes (Moth and Balance Bible Codes) were found on days that link numerically to each other. (This is why I insist these things cannot be known without God's help. So don't bother searching for codes unless it is given to you to do! You will be wasting you time!)

Moreover, the pattern of days agree on both the traditional Jewish calendar and the 360 calendar of the prophets. Both produce the 3 + 7 = 10-year pattern. "Test us 10 days...", which phrase is found at the heart and center of the Moth Bible Code itself, found, as said, on Tishri 10th, which completes the 10 days of Awe, which are the first 10 days of the Jewish calendar!

But on the 360 calendar, Sept. 16, 2002 (and therefore Aug. 31, 2005, three years later) is the last day of Tabernacles, which is the seventh day of Tabernacles exclusively reckoned, (Tishri 15-22). (See Hurricane Katrina post where this too is discussed. Recall that the moth code also form the tabernacle of Moses. The [color=green]tabernacle [/color](seven-years of letters) on the seven days of [color=green]Tabernacles [/color]--- makes sense!) This seven days of tabernacles, therefore, corresponds to the next seven years (1260 + 1290 [color=red]days[/color]) until 2012, which is 1260 + 1290 [color=red]years [/color]back to the fall of Babylon (as discussed on the Katrina post.) As we shall see, this seven days, too, has a three before it.

[color=green]The timing of when I noticed these things:[/color]

What got my mind thinking about all this is the post I did in response to the 6-6-6 image of the Quartet meeting:

Here is a quote from that post that you can quickly skim over. Note the link in my mind to the Moth Bible Code and the SARS thing and the new threat of avain (bird) flu on the horizen:

[color=red]Make sure you also read the next article below this one!  :blink: [/color]

Karen R., on Sep 24 2005, 10:38 PM, said:

Left to Right:
European Commissioner Benita Ferrero-Waldner, UK Foreign Secretary Jack Straw, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov, UN Secretary General Kofi Annan,Condi Rice and Javier Solana

http://www.noticias....d=101222&src=0#

*snip*

The Quartet met today to discuss the Israeli withdrawal and the prospects for movement towards peace in the Middle East. The Quartet welcomed the successful conclusion of the withdrawal and the opportunity it brings to renew efforts on the roadmap. The Quartet paid tribute to the political courage of Prime Minister Sharon and expressed its appreciation for the responsible behavior of the Palestinians.

The 6's actually belong to "60." It's the UN's 60th anniversary and the "world" is inside the 0's.

But ya know.....gee whiz!.......why did they have to place it up there 3 times?!
Seems on purpose to me.

~Karen
View Post

Thanks for the article! :o

This Quartet thing is getting more and more interesting in view of Bible Prophecy!

There were great signs associated with it back just after the Iraq war ended. In America there were record tornadoes that same week! (The Lord also gave me a sign at that time. See the Moth Bible Code.)

[When I put out the above moth-code with the addition of these 8 middle circles that read, "The roaring sound concerns SARS!" I sensed that something was to happen in the natural that represented a great wind (i.e., from its 'wings'), or an earthquake. Both happened! This part of the code was put out on the Net late April 29, 2003, and about one day later a record 412 tornadoes swept through America for 10 days, doubling the old 10-day record for the same period, (May 1st to 10th inclusive. From the 4th to the 10th was a record week, with almost 400 in that week alone!) This same 10 days spanned 5 days before and 5 days after the day when the "Quartet" of world nations [including the U.S.A.] met in Israel to discuss plans to divide Israel into two nations, so as to include within it a Palestine state, (May 5, 2003). Clearly, God is opposed!]

http://www.bible-cod...ible_code-3.htm

I believe that this Moth (SARS) Bible Code is also warning of the coming flew epidemic that we are hearing more and more of.

[color=red]Make sure you read the next article below this one! :blink: [/color]

It is in the headlines daily.

Here is a quote from todays:
"Fighting the Virus

Most influenza experts believe that the prompt culling of Hong Kong's entire poultry population in 1997 probably averted a pandemic.

The CDC predicts that a "medium-level epidemic" could kill up to 207,000 Americans, hospitalize 734,000, and sicken about a third of the U.S. population. Direct medical costs would top $166 billion, not including the costs of vaccination. An H5N1 avian influenza that is transmittable from human to human could be even more devastating, assuming a mortality rate of 20 percent and 80 million illnesses."

[color=red]Make sure you read the next article below this one! :blink: [/color]

Now that meeting by the Quartet at the UN was 10 days before this word came to me about the flew virus, and this "10 days", as well, is divided by the pattern of the 3 + 7 = 10 days. (Why the "3 + 7 = 10" pattern? All three numbers symbolize "completion" in the bible.)

Oct. 20 = Quartet meeting
Oct. 23 = Alternative 360-day prophetic start of tabernacles (= Tishri 15, on the 360 calendar.)

(Technical note: There are two over-laping 360 calendars one month apart due to a pivotal event in 1995. [It is not as confusing as it seems!] The year 1995 was the year when a special leap month was dropped, which only occurs about every 4000 years. It creates a sitution where either Aug. 24-31 or Sept. 23-30 (of 2005) can be Tabernacles on the 360 calendar. I rarely mention the second dates (Sept. 23-30) because I do not want to confuse people, but here it seems important enough to mention. Complex or not, this secondary shadow date exists, and will also play a part in the scheme of things when the actual seven-years tribulation period begins--- [color=red]whenever that will be.[/color] But I understand the early date to be the primary system, and I ususally just stick to it. See http://www.360calendar.com for more.)

Anyway, to repeat, this means that:

Oct. 23 = Alternative 360-day prophetic start of Tabernacles
Oct. 30 = End of Tabernacles, which is also when the Lord brought to my attention this numeric. (He gave me understanding in this when I enquired of the Lord whey that meeting of the Quartet at the UN occured on Tishri 12 of the 360 calendar.)

Thus, we have the 3 day plus 7 day pattern agreeing with the 3 years + 7 years pattern, totalling 10 days and years.

Moreover, 2002, Sept. 16, as said, was the actual Day of Atonement on the Jewish calendar. The Day of Jubilee also occurs on the Day of Atonement every 50th year of the 7 x 7 (49) year cycles. And this brings us to the prophecy of the 7 x 7 x 10 of Daniel 9, which is based upon the jubilee systems. (See web site(http://www.1260-1290...e-prophecy.org/ for more on the jubilees.)

I wrote in those series of articles about Katrina (and elsewhere) how that "from the decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem" according to the prophecy of Dan. 9, that the count-down which began in 445 BC (as say the majority of bible scholars), that this date (445 BC) plus 50 jublees, or "70 x 7" x 5 (490 x 5 years) terminates in spring of AD 2006. Thus, the 3.5 years before that (as per Daniel 9:24-27) would therefore be Sept. 16, Tishri 10 (Tishri 22 on 360 calendar), 2002 --- when the seventh seal of the Moth bible code was revealed to me. Daniel 9 reads that 'until the end desolations are decreed and that the end will come as a flood." (Even the phrase, "...abomination upon the wing of the temple" [Dan. 9:24-27) takes on a peculiar meaning since the "wings" of the moth code are part of the said "temple" code as well, which code is 1260 + 1260 letters long, though the moth, itself is 490 letters, less 3.5 letters! These are the same time frames used in the Dan. 9 prophecy, cf., Dan. 12, Rev. 11-13.)

So, then, the third anniversary of the moth bible code landed on Aug. 31 and/or Sept. 30 agreeing with the 3 + 7 days and years pattern repeated over and over again to me during the SARS crisis and Iraq/Babylon war, which is also when the Middle-East Quartet formed over Israel and spread its ugly wings!

And here is the UN warning about the bird flew again, right on cue.

This leads me to wonder about some things:

Firstly, the timing of all these things is too perfect to be coincidence, so the question for me is, 'What are you saying Lord?'

I can only assume that the Lord is saying that the 3 years of warning that began with the SARS scare is completed and that a judgement similar to SARS one (in which we were spared) is about to happen.

The most likely time-frames would be that the bird-flu begins this month or in half-a-year from now, which would be three-and-half years from when the Moth Bible Code came to me in Sept. 16, 2002. I don't know what it will be, or even if it will take an unexpected twist altogether. I am working on the numeric that the Lord gave me, that is all. Even the tenth month of the Jewish calendar is possible? (Seventh month of Tabernacles + 3 months = tenth month, which is when Nehemiah received the word about the condition of the walls in Jerusalem exactly 490 x 5 years ago.)

But I am posting the numeric now so that when these things begin to happen we will see how the present numeric ties into these future events.

It is a time to walk soberly as never before!

========================
[color=red]Inserted:

A Sign:[/color]

See post http://www.christian...indpost&p=15372

Here is part of what this post is about:

[color=green]Do you believe in coincidences?

Nursing staff began noticing residents with flu like symptoms last Tuesday. [color=red](Sept. 27)[/color]

Toronto public health chief Dr. Barbara Yaffe said 15 of them were admitted to hospital Friday night. [color=red](Sept. 30)[/color] Three of the victims died at the home, with the fourth dying in hospital.

I see the 3 + 7 = 10 patterns again, except it is the alternative 7 + 3 = 10

(Sept. 20) See first post
(Sept. 27) Symptoms begin
(Sept. 30) Admitted to hospital (some or all of the first 4 deaths occur)

While this is not likely the next pandemic (though they say they can't rule it out yet), it is certainly a sign to all of us since this story only hit the news yesterday as I was writing the main topic-post. (The post took a while to write and after I had finished it I saw it on the news.)

Do you believe in coincidences?

God is warning that it is coming, (even if this is not that big one that is coming).[/color]

[color=red]=====[/color]
Further update to this post (Oct. 5, 2005).

============

The Toronto outbreak in getting international attention.

[color=red]Update on that flew virus here in east Toronto:[/color]

Toll from Toronto mystery illness climbs to 16
05 Oct 2005 21:43:04 GMT

Source: Reuters

TORONTO, Oct 5 (Reuters) - "Sixteen people have now died from a mystery viral outbreak at a Toronto nursing home and 38 are in hospital, health officials said on Wednesday, as testing continued to uncover the cause of the illness.

The unidentified respiratory illness, which was first detected on Sept. 25, has sparked memories of the SARS outbreak two years ago that killed 44 people in and around Canada's largest city.

Health officials have confirmed the outbreak is not severe acute respiratory syndrome, although it is a particularly severe flu-like illness. They said it is now under control."
===========

As I said in the first article, "I don't believe in coincidences."

The first article was about SARS being a sign of the Bird Flu that is coming, and while I was writing that article and explaining what I believe the Holy Spirit was showing me than this new outbreak very close to where I was writing that very article began to appear in the news. Since then the death toll has risen from 4 to 16 and climbing. These coincidences happen a lot when I write, so I know it is the Lord warning whoever has ears to hear that a bird-viral plague is coming. "It will fly!" :(

God wants His people to know that He has it all under control and not to fear, "though a thousand fall at your side and ten thousand at your right hand..."

Do you know Him?

Are you ready?

What would happen to you if you died? Do you know where you would go?

On what basis would God let you into heaven?

Only those that have put all their hope and trust in Jesus and His substitutionary work on the cross for sinners will be saved.

If you think you are not a great sinner in need of God's salvation through His Son Jesus than you are indeed lost and will die and perish forever in your sins, for the bible says that, "All have sinned and come short of the glory of God!"

The Moth Bible Code is firstly a code about Jesus and His substitionary death for you, and it only refers to the illness indirectly. For the intent of all the picture bible codes is to reveal Jesus as Lord and Savior, and they speak about current events only indirectly as a sign so that sinners might put their hope in Him!

[color=green]So put your hope in Him today![/color] :)
======

Click here for an animated message about the good news that Jesus can save you from your sins!

[color=red]
Also see this other post that will answer other questions such as, "Am I saying that the Tribulation Period is about to begin?" And why did I post this about the flu?[/color]
http://www.christian...indpost&p=16070

[color=red]==========
Insert ==>

See this post for an update on the Moth/SARS Bird Flu Bible Code.
http://www.christian...indpost&p=17726[/color]

#2 User is offline   dennis mann 

• Advanced Member 8
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 October 2005 - 03:53 AM

I'm so Glad that it's simple!
Most of that Flu flew over my head.

If it's a 'wasting disease', death would come slowly?? And we would have time to minister to the sick? OR, they're quarantined away from us??

Death-bed conversions?

Think of the people who would get saved just before the disease reaches them.

The economy and social institutions (police, doctors, hospitals, commerce, jobs) would be disrupted? Martial law? Rationing? Food shortages?

The U.N. would take control?
We can't depend on them folks to preach the Gospel.
They want to replace Christ with anti-christ.
666 is a failed attempt to attain 7, in triplicate.

If you want to survive the flu, go to the wilderness? Isolated places? How do I preach the Gospel to people if I'm way out there somewhere?

If Shekel gets the Flu, this web-ministry is ?????????????

It's time to buy some Airborne.

Lord, we praise You for Your Word, Your Codes, Your Plan, and Your Salvation.
Lord, help us to do Your Will.

dennis manning
www.bible-codes.org
www.demonbusters.com
www.omegamanradio.com
www.theelijahchallenge.org
win worley
bill schnoebelen

#3 User is offline   grumbletiger 

• Advanced Member 2
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 October 2005 - 05:52 AM

Shekel, you must've been top of your class or something?! I think you are utterly brilliant. You must be one of the wisest, smartest people on this earth, and I wil continue to pray for you and your work. I think you're right. Has anyone noticed how accurate this forum seems to be? Sure when we speculate we are wrong, but when we rely on the word of God, and pure faith in Jesus... I dont even know what I want to say really, except that this site is a wonderful ministry and that I am very thankful you've done this with your life, because it has effected mine in a wholly positive way.

Also, Dennis... you are hillarious! I know your serious most of the time, but man, you sure know how to drop something funny into the mix! I must say I could go on forever about the friends Ive met here (Miche, Marta, ect... just to name a few)

Everyone has gifts and I like to see them work in concert as they often do on this site. (whether its pleasant all the time or not! hehe)

Dang! Gotta go, (Im at work, and have to leave now) But I just wanted to say that there is also scientific evidence that points to this bird flu being contrived to make way for a sythetic disease they will give the same name. Ill explain this further ASAP... Love you all, and God Bless

#4 User is offline   Shekel 

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 02 October 2005 - 07:21 AM

Nursing staff began noticing residents with flu like symptoms last Tuesday. (Sept. 27)

Toronto public health chief Dr. Barbara Yaffe said 15 of them were admitted to hospital Friday night. (Sept. 30) Three of the victims died at the home, with the fourth dying in hospital.
(But see Sept. 25th at bottom of this article?)

I see the 3 + 7 = 10 patterns again, except it is the alternative 7 + 3 = 10

(Sept. 20) See first post
(Sept. 27) First symptoms appear in "evening"
(Sept. 30) Admitted to hospital (some or all of the first 4 deaths occur)

Compare with earlier dates posted yesterday:

Oct. 23 = Alternative 360-day prophetic start of Tabernacles
Oct. 30 = End of Tabernacles, which is also when the Lord brought to my attention this numeric.

It thus divides the seven days of the Feast of Tabernacles of the 360 bible prophecy calendar in half, (which, in turn, is a type of the seven-years tribulation period to come.)

While this is not likely the next pandemic (though they say they can't rule it out yet), it is certainly a sign to all of us since this story only hit the news yesterday as I was writing the main topic-post. (The post took a while to write and after I had finished it I saw it on the news.)

God is warning that it is coming, (even if this is not that big one that is coming).
==============================

Full story (It is also headlines in our Toronto Papers this morning.)

Four Toronto seniors die from mystery outbreak
CTV.ca News Staff

Health officials in Toronto are trying to figure out what killed four seniors and struck dozens of residents with a "typical respiratory illness" at a nursing home.

A Toronto public health expert told reporters Saturday that 68 residents and five employees at Seven Oaks Home for the Aged in the city's east end were affected by an outbreak of an unidentified respiratory illness.

Nursing staff began noticing residents with flu like symptoms last Tuesday.

Toronto public health chief Dr. Barbara Yaffe said 15 of them were admitted to hospital Friday night. Three of the victims died at the home, with the fourth dying in hospital.

All of the patients had pre-existing medical conditions and two were in their mid-90s. The other two victims were in their late 70s and 50s.

Officials said they haven't found the source of the "typical viral illness," but stressed that so far it hasn't been detected outside the facility.

"We know from testing that it's not influenza, we know that this is not SARS, we know this is not avian influenza," said infectious disease consultant Dr. Alison McGeer. "There are many other viruses it could be, and ... the Ontario Public Health Lab is working on identifying which one."

Officials at Rouge Valley Centenary in Scarborough, across the street from Seven Oaks, said they're monitoring the patients' conditions. The patients are in isolation, but not under quarantine.

"There is no quarantine necessary for this," said Yaffe, emphasizing that there was no threat to the greater public.

Yaffe said the hospital is taking extra safety precautions to protect patients, as well as staff members, who were seen Saturday wearing face masks, gowns, head coverings and gloves -- a standard practice in Ontario hospitals after the SARS outbreak in 2003.

Infectious disease specialist Dr. Neil Rau told CTV News that the outbreak could have occurred because people haven't been following precautions put into place since SARS for people with fever or respiratory illness.

"Or alternatively, somebody had brought it in from the community to the nursing home and they weren't really that sick from it.''

Yaffe said as we enter flu season that it's common to get hundreds of outbreaks a year, "particularly in long-term health care facilities."

"However, in this situation," Yaffe added, "we do have a particularly serious outbreak."

McGeer speculated that a presence of bacteria in Seven Oaks may have contributed to the outbreak, which has raised concerns because of the speed in which some residents at the seniors' home became ill.

Yaffe said that while this outbreak was serious, it's not the worst in recent memory. Eleven people died last year after an outbreak at a Cobourg, Ont., nursing home.

The best way people could prevent such outbreaks from occurring is to wash their hands thoroughly and frequently, added McGeer.

Rau said it's important for hospitals to send out alerts to other institutions in order to prevent a SARS-like outbreak, and to keep it from spreading to other acute care facilities.

"Patients could show up at another hospital with the same disease, so alerts definitely need to go out to other hospitals," he told CTV News. "And other hospitals need to use the infrastructure we have in place, post SARS, to screen for a history of contact with this nursing home."

Toronto Public Health is working with several agencies, including the Ministry of Health, several Scarborough hospitals, the coroner's office and infectious disease specialists.

=================

There is a possible discrepancy as to the first case. One says Sept. 27, this one has Sept. 25th. Perhaps one is when the virus first appeared visable and the other when it would have began to be incubated (infected) which usually takes about two days? This appears to be what the Globe and Mail is saying. "The first signs appeared Tuesday evening." I know that this is only a very minor point, but I try to be as accurate as possible. Compare the following two stories:

"TORONTO -- Hospitals have brought out their SARS suits to deal with a mysterious respiratory outbreak that has killed four patients in Toronto and put dozens of others into quarantine.

"There is no guarantee that this is not the beginning of the next pandemic," Dr. Allison McGeer, a microbiologist at Mount Sinai Hospital, said yesterday, adding tests have shown the outbreak is not SARS, avian flu or influenza.

"This is a sizable outbreak and it's somewhat unusual. We are doing everything we can to find the organism."

Experts said it's only a matter of time before a worldwide outbreak of a potentially deadly flu overtakes Toronto, infecting as many as 900,000 people.

This outbreak, which occurred at a nursing home in Scarborough, began on Sept. 25. It has killed four and affected 68 other residents and five employees."
Ottawa Sun

===============
Globe and Mail

"The infection swept through the Seven Oaks Home for the Aged late last week, affecting 68 residents and five staff members. The first signs appeared Tuesday evening, when a resident exhibited flu-like symptoms at the Scarborough facility. By Friday, a number of residents were seriously ill, and by Saturday, four had died."

#5 User is offline   Miki 

• Advanced Member 9
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 October 2005 - 07:25 AM

Oh my Gosh!!!!!!!!!

And weren't we just talking about the gross hormones in chicken the other day.
Maybe like Daniel we should all eat vegi's for awhile?

But something more serious Shekel.
As you might remember God gave me a sign last Christmas of two Sara's...Sari and Sara.

Amazingly that sign has continued...I thought God was done with it but l just found out a couple of weeks ago that the second Sara went to college and has a room mate named Sara. Again two Sara's...I believed and still believed that the first one that l called 'Sari' represented the world (she's an addict) The second one represents the Church in general. I'm sorry l can't tell you more about this as it's tied too personally to my life.

But l believed last year when God began to show this to me that it was a warning to a church about to come of age....18 or 20? Or somewhere in between. This is just symbolically speaking.

I told my Pastor about this too. I wonder if they think l'm nuts? :D ...No doubt.
Anyway...I didn't think it would be connected to the flu.

This adds a whole new perspective to the thing....I have to digest and think awhile
And by the way Shekel...Thanks for this:

I am watching this flew thing very closely. The Lord was speaking to me about it yesterday for most of the day. I will tell you what God brought to my attention and then you can deduce what you want! (At least I have said what the Lord has shown me thus far!) I will tell you what I think God is saying, but at this point I can't say I am 100% sure. But I will simply say what is and what I deduce, and then you can try to figure out things with me! (For what the Lord reveals He wants me to share. And since He wants me to know these things I can only conclude that He wants me to share it with others too.)

God speaks to us in different ways and in different measures according to our faith, which, too, is a gift from God!

Now just one more tid bit. When l got up this morning the coffee pot said l had 104 minutes left. So l reset for the full 2 hours warming time. When l went back to get a refill in the middle of Shekels post, it said 104 minutes again!

I thought "one 0 four" "one 0 four" Ten four!!! October 4th!!!! I'd say that was confirmation!!!
My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one.
John 10: 27-30

Posted Image

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. Psa. 119: 105

#6 User is offline   Miki 

• Advanced Member 9
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 October 2005 - 07:36 AM

I just thought of something else about ten four. It means...and here's what l found when l Googled it.

"Ooooh! Trying to remember my CB codes from way back in the good ol' days when my handle was Julius Caesar. 10-4 means 'Message understood' and is sometimes abbreviated to 'That's a 4!' 10-20 means 'location' as in 'what's your 20?' I'm fairly sure that the '10-' code has its origins in US police radio jargon.

: As for 'Over and out,' you would be shot out of the water if you used the phrase on marine radio. 'Over' means 'I have finished speaking and am awaiting a reply.' 'Out' means 'I have finished the communication.' 'Over' and 'Out' should NEVER be used together in serious radio communication".

My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one.
John 10: 27-30

Posted Image

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. Psa. 119: 105

• (21 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users