• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tell No Man Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Libby 

• Advanced Member 2
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 September 2005 - 06:46 PM

When I first became a Christian, a group of us were playing a game that asked us to name a book that had been instrumental in our being saved. Of course I said it was the Bible......but really it wasn't! :huh:

I was reading a book by Adela Rogers St. John called Tell No Man and it changed my life by changing my way of thinking. It's about a man who eventually becomes a pastor, but along the way he is told to read the books of the Bible, especially Paul's letters, as though they were written directly to him. In fact, he was to put his name in the greeting, such as where it says 'to those in Ephesus', and he would substitute his name for those in Ephesus.

This was such a new idea to me. Raised Catholic, we were told the Bible was written to the Saints, and we knew we weren't the Saints. So the idea that the Bible might actually have something for me, might have been intended for me, might hold promises for me.....well, everything changed. I saw the Bible in a whole new light and better yet, a friend invited me to a prayer meeting where I lifted my hands to God, surrendered my life to the Lord Jesus, and was born again.

I've never shared this experience online before -- most of the forums I'm on are for jw's and ex-jw's [which I am] and so I've always held my story back I guess because I felt it would make them feel uneasy.

Well, anyway, there it is.

Love, Libby

#2 User is offline   ABJAH58 

• Advanced Member 1
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2005 - 12:45 PM

Libby, on Sep 16 2005, 03:46 PM, said:

When I first became a Christian, a group of us were playing a game that asked us to name a book that had been instrumental in our being saved. Of course I said it was the Bible......but really it wasn't! :huh:

I was reading a book by Adela Rogers St. John called Tell No Man and it changed my life by changing my way of thinking. It's about a man who eventually becomes a pastor, but along the way he is told to read the books of the Bible, especially Paul's letters, as though they were written directly to him. In fact, he was to put his name in the greeting, such as where it says 'to those in Ephesus', and he would substitute his name for those in Ephesus.

This was such a new idea to me. Raised Catholic, we were told the Bible was written to the Saints, and we knew we weren't the Saints. So the idea that the Bible might actually have something for me, might have been intended for me, might hold promises for me.....well, everything changed. I saw the Bible in a whole new light and better yet, a friend invited me to a prayer meeting where I lifted my hands to God, surrendered my life to the Lord Jesus, and was born again.

I've never shared this experience online before -- most of the forums I'm on are for jw's and ex-jw's [which I am] and so I've always held my story back I guess because I felt it would make them feel uneasy.

Love, Libby
View Post

Libby, you could never make me feel uneasy ^_^

Giving yourself over through prayer to the Lord is the most important step to salvation ... How else is one to receive the blessings of the spirit ;)

Jesus is the way , the truth and the life .... if you have Him you have it all .

Love always, LC ;)

#3 User is offline   kim48 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2005 - 01:12 PM

Libby, on Sep 16 2005, 06:46 PM, said:

Love, Libby
View Post

LIBBY
I LIKED YOUR POST.
IT MADE ME THINK.
I WOULD HAVE TO SAY THE BOOK OF MATTHEW BUT IT WASNT. I WENT TO SEE THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST AND MY HEART BROKE AND MY PRIDE MELTED AWAY.
I FEEL WHO CARES ABOUT HOW WE GET THERE JUST AS LONG AS WE DO.
I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR HOW OTHER CHRISTAINS GOT TO THE POINT OF SALAVTION. WAS IT A BOOK, MOVIE OR WHAT.
WHAT WAS THE TURNING POINT.
KIM

#4 User is offline   Marta 

• Jesus, please come soon....this world is a mess!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2005 - 02:45 PM

kim48, on Sep 25 2005, 12:12 PM, said:

Libby, on Sep 16 2005, 06:46 PM, said:

Love, Libby
View Post

LIBBY
I LIKED YOUR POST.
IT MADE ME THINK.
I WOULD HAVE TO SAY THE BOOK OF MATTHEW BUT IT WASNT. I WENT TO SEE THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST AND MY HEART BROKE AND MY PRIDE MELTED AWAY.
I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR HOW OTHER CHRISTAINS GOT TO THE POINT OF SALAVTION. WAS IT A BOOK, MOVIE OR WHAT.
KIM
View Post

Libby,

Thank you for sharing! I guess what got my attention was seeing the change in my friend in a local Baptist church. They had the calling to the alter and I felt God really speaking to me. It was one of those churches where you walk in and felt right at home. Everyone's spirit there seemed so comforting and beautiful...it was like a small piece of heaven. So, that was the main thing for me...I wanted their happiness too...I wanted to get to know the Savior....I needed it...most of all, I wanted to get rid of that empty feeling. ;)

What a change it makes inside of you. It is great!
Your friend,
Marta :-)

#5 User is offline   Libby 

• Advanced Member 2
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2005 - 03:09 PM

[QUOTE="ABJAH58]Libby, you could never make me feel uneasy

Giving yourself over through prayer to the Lord is the most important step to salvation ... How else is one to receive the blessings of the spirit

Jesus is the way , the truth and the life .... if you have Him you have it all .

Love always, LC [/QUOTE]

Hi sweetie, considering what we both learned from the WTS, you should know how good that makes me feel. ^_^

.... if you have Him you have it all you said it all right there!

Love, Libby

Drats! got to get used to the flood control thingy!! I'll just put it all in one post -- 200 seconds is just way too long. ;) :lol:

I notice also that the options aren't working in this section, the code buttons, I guess they're called. Maybe it's my settings?

Anyway.....

Dear Kim,

You had said: LIBBY
I LIKED YOUR POST.
IT MADE ME THINK.
KIM

I love hearing others' testimonies, too. You're so right about our 'getting there', we each are different yet we come together because of the same Lord!

I used to cry just reading the accounts of Jesus' death in the gospels -- I knew I couldn't handle The Passion but I bought the DVD anyway and sure enough I barely got passed the garden scene right at the beginning and couldn't watch any more.

And Marta,

Thanks for sharing, too. You had mentioned getting rid of the empty feeling and that's it exactly!! Everything cleared up for me in that moment -- life didn't get any easier -- but I saw things a lot clearer! And I can't even imagine ever being without Him.

Love, Libby

#6 User is offline   Shekel 

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 01 October 2005 - 10:13 AM

Libby, on Sep 16 2005, 07:46 PM, said:

Love, Libby
View Post

Thanks for sharing that with us. I found it very uplifting. :)

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users