Christian-Forum.net: Please Explain Matthew Ch. 5 25-26 - Christian-Forum.net

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Please Explain Matthew Ch. 5 25-26 Does this have a 2nd/parallel meaning?

#1 User is offline   Tyler 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Post icon  Posted 15 March 2008 - 06:43 PM

25. Settle matters quickly with your adversary who is taking you to court. Do it while you are still with him on the way, or he may hand you over to the judge, and the judge may hand you over to the officer, and you may be thrown into prison. 26. I tell you the truth, you will not get out until you have paid the last penny.

What am I missing to find meaning in this? Are we to ask for forgivness, from our adversary, before matters are brought to the law. Or is there a deeper message? Any help is appreciated

#2 User is offline   whirlwind 

• Advanced Member 6
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 March 2008 - 06:54 PM

View PostTyler, on Mar 15 2008, 06:43 PM, said:

25. Settle matters quickly with your adversary who is taking you to court. Do it while you are still with him on the way, or he may hand you over to the judge, and the judge may hand you over to the officer, and you may be thrown into prison. 26. I tell you the truth, you will not get out until you have paid the last penny.

What am I missing to find meaning in this? Are we to ask for forgivness, from our adversary, before matters are brought to the law. Or is there a deeper message? Any help is appreciated

The destiny of one of God's elect is to be delivered for testimony during the tribulation of Satan. At that time the Holy Spirit will speak through them. [Luke 21: 12-15]

The verses you quoted are telling us that during Satan's "hour of temptation" we shouldn't try to argue with our adversaries and point out to them that the one they believe is Christ is the fake. Just wave and pass on. If you are one of those chosen you will be delivered before the one/ones you are destined to testify before....not just an average Joe in the street. In other words....don't end up in jail because you argued with someone that doesn't count.

....Whirlwind
You don't have a soul...You are a soul...You have a body ~ C.S. Lewis

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me ~ John 15:6

There shall no evil befall thee, Neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. For He shall give His angels charge over thee, To keep thee in all thy ways. They shall bear thee up in their hands, Lest thou dash thy foot against a stone. ~ Psalms 91:10-12

#3 User is offline   Minister D 

• Advanced Member 2
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 March 2008 - 08:33 PM

View PostTyler, on Mar 15 2008, 05:43 PM, said:

This is still an illustration of the sixth commandment. See also 1 Corinthians 6:6,7. The consequence of not being reconciled, he expresses in the language of courts.

Thine adversary. A man that is opposed to us in law. It here means a creditor; a man who has a just claim on us.

In the way with him. While you are going before the court. Before the trial comes on.

The officer. The executioner; or, as we should say, the sheriff.

The uttermost farthing. The last farthing. All that is due. See also Matthew 5:25.

Minister D

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users