• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hurricane Katrina Hurricane's eye overtop NHC -New Orleans Rate Topic: -----

#43 Guest_Jeep_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 28 August 2005 - 10:05 PM

kim48, on Aug 28 2005, 09:59 PM, said:

BZ
I SENT CHRIO AN EMAIL AROUND NOON TODAY AND NOTHING YET.
HER DREAM IS HERE AND WE WANT TO LET HER KNOW WE ARE WITH HER IN PRAYER.
KIM
View Post

Hey chiro, you out of the way down there???

Jeep

#44 User is offline   blindzebra 

• guess who's behind the 'foster grants'?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 August 2005 - 10:05 PM

great thinking! good going kim!
but i see her online at the list of topic readers!
she is here!....she is somewhere safe for the moment!
Chrio...we are all standing by for your report.
where are you located?
you dreamt this was coming!
devestating clouds, looking south, everything!
...standing by....

#45 User is offline   kim48 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 August 2005 - 10:06 PM

CHRIO 39,
HOW ARE YOU.
LET US KNOW HOW YOU ARE DOING.
KIM

#46 Guest_chrio39_*

Posted 28 August 2005 - 11:00 PM

kim48, on Aug 28 2005, 10:06 PM, said:

CHRIO 39,
HOW ARE YOU.
LET US KNOW HOW YOU ARE DOING.
KIM
View Post

Hey everyone, I'm truly humbled and inspired by your loving care , concern and generous offers of hospitality. Thank you kim48 for your initial e-mail, as well as the rest of you.

I'm in a state of , how do you say, lament for the people of my city. My wife (thats right, im not a gal though your thoughts that way provided us w/ some much needed levity), My parents and a friend got out yesterday. We are in Texas, near Tyler.

I'm actually a pastor there, co pastoring a church. Yesterday morning I did a radio broadcast, teaching the people the connection between confession, repentence, dependence,intercession, and God's mercy.

I did not go so far as to declare this to be God's judgement, so as not to cause listeners (potential patrners in a prayer of agreement) to tune out and therefore splinter our effectiveness. I do firmly believe this to be the judgement of God on the exceeding wickedness of the city and the church there.

The people widely profess spirituality, but many of the churches see adultery, fornication, homosexuality, and fleecing of the flock as not being problems, even within the church. We've been crying out in intercession and repentence to a righteous and merciful God, but as our capable administrator has stated, the year that the Lord has given us since Ivan has been largely been squandered.

I did lead the listeners in a prayer of confession, repentence, and intercession, as well as speaking to the waters of the deep and the upper atmosphere cooler air to cool the storm and its path. I told my nephew afterward that I didn't feel a deep burden to pray that way but it was all that I knew to do.

I've suppressed tears today as I share that forboding feeling of impending destruction that so many of you do.

On a personal note, many of you asked how I and mine are. My wife's sister did not evacuate, and we are concerned for her life. Her son, my nephew, who lived in our house, (we are/were staying w/ my parents next door as we were working on our house), and is also struggling w/ a crack addiction, was caught (by a friend ) Inside my parent's house after we evacuated. They don't know about this. Our friend called me and told me last night that our nephew was showing addictive behavior, and when he looked for him, there was a ladder going up to my parents second story bedroom. I told him to call the police. He apparently left the house.

I believe that they evacuated together today with a friend of my dad's.

In the larger scope of things, this is minor. Please pray for my nephew's deliverance.

I greatly fear for the people that are still there. All that we can do is pray. We can still appeal to God for mercy. :(

#47 Guest_chrio39_*

Posted 28 August 2005 - 11:08 PM

Hey grumbletiger,

When I read the scripture that you posted, it sort of jolted me. My name is David, and the scripture says the city in which David dwelt! I hope to dwell there still. :)

#48 User is offline   kim48 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 August 2005 - 11:16 PM

OK MR.CHRIO39 YOU GOT US.
THANK YOU FOR GETTING ON THE FORUM TO LET US KNOW HOW YOU AND YOUR FAMILY ARE DOING.
ALOT OF PRAYERS ARE GOING UP. TO BAD IT TAKE SOMETHING LIKE THIS TO START THE PRAYERS.
PLEASE DONT BE A STANGER HERE.
WOW, YOUR DREAM JUST BLOWS ME AWAY.
AS FOR THE DRUG ADDITION THAT ALSO IS A SIGN OF THE TIMES.
KIM

• (56 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users