Christian-Forum.net: Grueling road ahead for Rice on Middle East peace - Reuters - Christian-Forum.net

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Grueling road ahead for Rice on Middle East peace - Reuters Rate Topic: -----

#7 User is offline   LoisFaith2000 

• Advanced Member 9
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 October 2007 - 08:01 AM

Abbas seeks support from Asian allies

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.jpost.com....cle%2FShowFull

Quote:
Oct 20, 2007 9:26 | Updated Oct 20, 2007 9:50
Abbas seeks support from Asian allies
By ASSOCIATED PRESS
PUTRAJAYA, Malaysia

Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas sought support from key Muslim allies in Asia on Saturday to strengthen his position ahead of a US-hosted conference involving Israel and the Palestinians.

Abbas held talks with Malaysian Prime Minister Abdullah Ahmad Badawi, whose country chairs the world's biggest Islamic political bloc, in his first stop on a tour that is also scheduled to include Indonesia and Brunei.

"We are looking right now for the best coordinating mechanism in order to achieve the best result for the conference," Abbas told reporters, noting Malaysia is invited to the gathering in November or December at Annapolis, Maryland.

The United States hopes the conference will relaunch negotiations to create a Palestinian state.

Abbas said he wants to "achieve a unified position about the conference" with allies such as Malaysia, adding his meeting with Abdullah focused on "a need to coordinate efforts between the two countries to achieve a peaceful and lasting and just resolution to the conflict."

US officials have tried to push Israel and the Palestinians into consensus on the substance of the conference's joint declaration, which would outline a way for the two sides to return to the negotiating table after seven years of bloodshed and diplomatic paralysis.

Abdullah, whose nation chairs the 57-member Organization of the Islamic Conference, pledged backing for Abbas.

#8 User is offline   Shekel 

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 20 October 2007 - 08:57 AM

When it comes to Israel, God is constantly giving signs. "The Jews seek a sign," Paul said.

I think that Sharon is a sign.

He is still in a comma. He is like the nation as a whole. Alive, and yet dead.

Perhaps he will come out of the comma? I don't know. That surely would be a sign of what God intends to do for the nation as a whole.

#9 User is offline   Miki 

• Advanced Member 9
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 October 2007 - 09:09 AM

Now there's a thought... :blush:
My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one.
John 10: 27-30

Posted Image

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. Psa. 119: 105

#10 User is offline   Shekel 

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 October 2007 - 09:27 AM

I watching closely the dates of this summit because of a numeric pattern I have been duscussing on my websites for years. I am watching Dec, 2-9/10th, 2007 (beginning from evening to evening as a day is reckoned in Israel).

#11 User is offline   dennis mann 

• Advanced Member 8
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 October 2007 - 10:42 PM

coma is a DEEP SLEEP, STUPOR

comma is a punctuation mark,

SHARON is in a coma, he's not in a comma.

my SPIRITUAL GIFT is spelling.....(and stating the obvious)..........

i wanted the GIFT of working miracles, but He didn't give it to me.

notice that the Bereans examined the OT Scriptures to see if Paul was preaching the Truth about Christ.........

God could have worked mighty miracles thru paul to convince the Bereans of the Truth of the Gospel,........but He didn't,..........He commended the Bereans because they studied the SCRIPTURES daily to see if paul's preaching was True or not.

Paul never complained that he must PERSUADE people FROM THE OT SCRIPTURES,..........maybe , it would have been easier to work mighty miracles, but God and Paul didn't do it that way.

so, the Biblical pattern is to PERSUADE PEOPLE FROM THE OT SCRIPTURES, not rely on mighty miracles.

the Bereans did not have the NT (?), Shekel's Bible-codes, Bill Gaither's Home-coming radio show, miracles, TBN, ............
all they had was paul's preaching and the OT.

why is it, that modern-day preaching does very little of..........PERSUADING PEOPLE THAT JESUS OF NAZARETH FULFILLED THE MESSIANIC OT SCRIPTURES, AND THUS , HE MUST BE THE CHRIST?

we've abandoned Paul's method of PERSUADING PEOPLE.

why doesn't this forum have an article that LISTS THE OT MESSIANIC SCRIPTURES and CHRIST'S FULFILLMENT OF THEM? .........just like Paul did it.
www.bible-codes.org
www.demonbusters.com
www.omegamanradio.com
www.theelijahchallenge.org
win worley
bill schnoebelen

#12 User is offline   Shekel 

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2007 - 09:57 AM

View Postdennis mann, on Oct 20 2007, 11:42 PM, said:

coma is a DEEP SLEEP, STUPOR

comma is a punctuation mark,

SHARON is in a coma, he's not in a comma.

my SPIRITUAL GIFT is spelling.....(and stating the obvious)..........

i wanted the GIFT of working miracles, but He didn't give it to me.

notice that the Bereans examined the OT Scriptures to see if Paul was preaching the Truth about Christ.........

God could have worked mighty miracles thru paul to convince the Bereans of the Truth of the Gospel,........but He didn't,..........He commended the Bereans because they studied the SCRIPTURES daily to see if paul's preaching was True or not.

Paul never complained that he must PERSUADE people FROM THE OT SCRIPTURES,..........maybe , it would have been easier to work mighty miracles, but God and Paul didn't do it that way.

so, the Biblical pattern is to PERSUADE PEOPLE FROM THE OT SCRIPTURES, not rely on mighty miracles.

the Bereans did not have the NT (?), Shekel's Bible-codes, Bill Gaither's Home-coming radio show, miracles, TBN, ............
all they had was paul's preaching and the OT.

why is it, that modern-day preaching does very little of..........PERSUADING PEOPLE THAT JESUS OF NAZARETH FULFILLED THE MESSIANIC OT SCRIPTURES, AND THUS , HE MUST BE THE CHRIST?

we've abandoned Paul's method of PERSUADING PEOPLE.

why doesn't this forum have an article that LISTS THE OT MESSIANIC SCRIPTURES and CHRIST'S FULFILLMENT OF THEM? .........just like Paul did it.

Thanks for the spelling correction. :P

Anyway, what if I set you up with a subforum for proofs for the bible called Messianic prophecies or something and then you can work on it?

But I think that you will find that people are gospel hardened and that is why they don't respond.
And many claim to be christians but their lives are the same as everyone else so that there is no conviction to unbelievers. I think that you will find that this is a big problem too.

But if you want to do what you believe was Paul's method then I am happy about that. I would love to set you up and you can write a number of articles and we can comment of them. If you do it I suggest you make a seperate posting about each prophecy rather than one huge page with a million prophecies in it because few read a post beyond one paragraph.

Good idea! :1dsz5h2:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users