• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Jubilee Dates question about dates Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#7 Guest_Leia_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 28 September 2005 - 06:57 AM

Sheckel,

I think you are right about leave math to the mathameticians (I can even spell it 'cause I arn't one) and the two years KEEPS throwing me. And the two days during each month. AHHHHHH!!!!!!!! All yours, but I will read and try until I fall asleep. I love my garden........

Miche,

No, dear Lord, child, there are alot of us that ask the same question. I know becasue I have talked to many even in my small town. My stuff will undoubtably aprocrypha....

I heard that the Bible is forever. We read it different now than we have ever read it before. I believe that someday we will read it with pure light. We shall be able to use a prism and break light and read it as we never did in this tempral time.

Star Wars perhaps......"Leia" (should she not have married Chewy?)

#8 User is offline   Shekel 

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 10 October 2005 - 02:36 PM

Shekel, on Sep 27 2005, 09:10 PM, said:

Sail2awe, on Sep 22 2005, 02:43 PM, said:

This is truly remarkable. I haven't read this forum yet, but certainly shall.

What do you think about the Lord's words regarding for the sake...time will be cut short?

I had been thinking this was speaking to the 5 months of Satan's arrival defacto at the 6th trumpet, but not decisively so.

I've got some reading to do. Thank you for this bb, I am privileged to be here.
View Post

Allow me to say something quite controversial in response to your question:

For that time to be "cut short" implies the cutting short of a seven-year period in half, such as the famine was in the days of Elijah. (See James 5; Dan. 9, 12; Rev. 11-13, etc.)

I believe that the return of Christ will be arranged in such a numeric fashion that the post, pre, and mid tribulationalists (and probably pre-wrath too!) will all turn out to be correct; It will simply be a matter of perspective.

I do believe I speak this by the Holy Ghost, as I am confident that this is what He has shown me after about 20,000 hours of diligent study in bible numeric with the hand of God heavily upon me.

I have seen this pattern again and again played out in actual world events as a sign to me so that I do not miss His point.

As a simply analogy, take the seven years of blessing of Joseph followed by the seven years of famine:

Two seven-year periods side by side. Let us divided them in half. Do you notice that this creates a third seven-year period in the middle of the two sevens? If the rapture occurred at the beginning of the famine, one could say that it was the end of the seven-years of famine, or one could say that it was in the middle of the central (third) seven-years.

And just to make things more complicated, the children of Israel actually entered Egypt "two" years into the second seven years of the famine! Recall the "time, times, and half-a-time" of Daniel and Revelation. (I.e.., "One year, two years, and half-a-year.")

And why the strange order? Why not for consistency sake have "Half-a-year, one-year, and two years"? Would this not be the natural sequence of numbers? Is it not a clue to look a little closer at things?

I believe that the internal structure of that final seven-year period of trial destined to come upon this earth will be extremely simple at first sight, but very complex upon closer examination.

"A Wheel within a 'Wheel!"

Posted Image

Let us take, {"1 year" "2 years" "half-a-year"} = 3.5 years plus the rest of the 3.5 years that completes seven years.

{"1 year" "2 years" "half-a-year"} {"1 year" "2 years" "half-a-year"}

(And we can double all this if we add a second seven-year period such as was in the days of Joseph's famine, and in the days of his father Jacob when he worked 7 + 7 years for two wives at the age of 77.)

Notice how that there are two internal three-and-a-half year periods within these two sets:

{1 year" "2 years" "half-a-year"} {1 year" "2 years" "half-a-year"}

{1 year" "2 years" "half-a-year"} {1 year" "2 years" "half-a-year"}

Now don't you think this won't cause some confusion during the tribulation period --- it will! Moreover, what if there is another seven-years entering into the millennium itself? A time of cleansing of the land. (Ezekiel 38-39?)

And often in the bible a seven-year period is elongated into 7.5 years, such as with the temple of Solomon. (I believe the age will last about 7500 years, for this reason: to complete the last night, since "the evening and the morning were the first day.")

Thus, I believe that there will be three major seven-year periods running during the tribulation period, with one of them overlapping in the middle. And there will be four more (2 and 2) because of the "time, times, and half-a-time" effect --- a total of seven seven-year periods over a 14 or 15 year period!

And beyond this complexity there will be three calendars in use, the Jewish calendar, the solar calendar (Gregorian), and the 360 calendar of the prophets. And each of these will have its own several variations!

So then, to the casual observer there will be a simple seven-year period! But the trained eye will observe seven-times seven years in overlap over a 15 year period. Each of these sevens will have its own story to tell. Perhaps one will entail the time of the reign of the city Babylon --- religious, political, and commercial, and another of the length of the beasts reign, and another concerning the period of the Two-Witnesses; another of the women in the desert; another of the time that no man can buy nor sell, ---perhaps each commencing upon some sort of judgment as seen in the book of Revelation. These are just possible examples off the top of my head.

Thus, to the casual observer who focuses and fixates on one thing, he simply observes the period of the reign of the beast, and to another the period of prophesying of the Two Witnesses. --- They might even argue with each other over which time frame is the correct one! --- But it will be both, and more!

The easiest marker to look for will be when the antichrist sits himself up in the temple. But there will be lesser events also working on 3.5-year grids interweaving with the rest!

Sorry to complicate matters!
As you can see from the above complexity that it would be a small matter for Jesus to "cut short" the age in such a way so as to leave all parties humbled who took sides as to when it would be! And yet He will keep us all on our toes, waiting breathlessly for His appearing, all the while forced to walk by faith one day at a time.

But when it happens, and it will indeed happen similarly as I have said, then all who read this now will know that I have spoken these things by the Lord God, and not from my own imagination. But if you disagree, that is all right. It matters not! Time will prove itself, and I love and respect all of you anyway!

God bless you one and all that love and long for the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ! :)

===========

For more see www.1260-1290-days-bible-prophecy.org/
View Post

Click here for a discussion on the 490 of Daniel and the length of Christ's ministry.

#9 User is offline   gilgalbiblewheel 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 October 2005 - 04:40 PM

Leia, on Sep 28 2005, 07:57 AM, said:

Sheckel,
Star Wars perhaps......"Leia"  (should she not have married Chewy?)
View Post

There's a twisted of the bible mentioned in Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back.
Leia calls Han a scoundrel. Jacob's meaning is scoundrel. Han was to meet Lando, whereas Jacob had to meet Esau after how he cheated on him stealing his birthright. Esau forgave Jacob. Lando forgave Han. Lando was administrator of the heavenly city. Esau was supposed to have been the inheritor of the promised land. But strange. Chewbacca was the hairy one. Shouldn't he have been Esau (meaning hairy)?
Vote for the biblewheel.

#10 User is offline   bonomike 

• Advanced Member 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 October 2005 - 07:19 AM

Here's a few interesting observations as well.

The Bible says God is “declaring the end from the beginning.” In the beginning God created the heavens and the Earth. Is there a picture of God's time line in the creation account? Let's look at events of the Bible and secular history during the past 6000 years versus the six days of creation.

Day 1: God created light and darkness, and separated the light from the darkness. In the first millennium, Adam sinned and was separated from God. “In the day you eat of it, you shall surely die,” God told him. Sure enough, at 930 years, just before the first 1000-year “day” was over, Adam died.

Day 2: God created the waters and divided the waters from the heavens. In the second millennium, God judged the Earth by water and spared Noah. He divided the righteous from the wicked by the waters of judgment.

Day 3: God created the dry land, and plants yielding fruit and seed after their own kind. At the start of the third millennium, God called Abraham and gave him the faith covenant of the seed which would come. This seed also reproduces after its own kind. Flesh produces fruit of flesh, spirit produces fruit of eternal life.

Day 4: God created heavenly lights (stars, planets) as signs for seasons, days, and years. In the fourth millennium, the prophets were lights unto the people to declare the signs of seasons and God-sent future events—Isaiah, Jeremiah Daniel, etc.

Day 5: God created living creatures. At the start of the fifth millennium, God sent his Son Jesus to make men alive as new creations through born-again salvation.

Day 6: God made man, blessed them, and told them to dominate the Earth. In the last millennium, man has used science and technology to subdue the Earth, even traveling to the moon. Man's God-given instruction has been fulfilled. Just as the Bible says, “knowledge has increased”—from horse and buggy, to the moon, in just a little over one hundred years.

Day 7: God rested. It was the “Day of the Lord.” This is where we are now, in the corrected Jewish calendar year 6006.

The "corrected" means adjustment for a 240-year error in the Jewish calendar introduced during the Babylonian excile.

Source: "The Day of the Lord is at Hand" by Benjamin Baruch. Although I don't necessarily agree with everything from this book, the above is quite thought-provoking.

It’s time to get ready. God has had a way of doing things early. Jesus rose from the dead early in the morning of the third day. (Note: We are in the early morning of the third 1000-year “day” since Jesus rose from the dead.) According to the Gospels, Jesus used to get up early in the morning to pray. Romans 9:28 says, “For he will finish the work, and cut it short in righteousness: because a short work will the Lord make upon the earth.”

In keeping with the three and a half-year period of tribulation mentioned in Shekel's response, some believe that the final seven year period we often see as the tribulation period is actually the seven year ministry period of Christ on the earth--the first three and a half years being his ministry as the "Lamb of God" to die for mankind, the second three and a half year period being the revealing of Jesus Christ as the "Lion of the Tribe of Judah" during judgment of the world. This could be why, in Luke 4, he stopped reading the text of Isaiah 61 at "To preach the acceptable year of the Lord." It wasn't time yet for the rest, which starts, "and the day of vengeance of our God."

Well, folks, get ready. It is likely to start any time.

"Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man." Luke 21:36

We are commanded to watch, and pray always. Let's not be like the disciples who fell asleep in the garden.

Mike

#11 User is offline   thefirstchandra 

• PipPip

Posted 12 October 2005 - 09:50 PM

Miche, on Sep 28 2005, 12:25 AM, said:

Do any of you ever wonder if the things we write today will be put into a "book" to help others later?  What I mean is, will there be another Bible?  For the thousand year reign?  I know we will Have Christ, but will He somehow use the words he gives us now? 

Am I the only one that thinks of things likes this?????   

Does anyone else think that just maybe we will be able to check out videos of our own life after we are  in Heaven????? lol    Can you imagine
being able to watch a part of your life totally from Gods perspective?  Seeing all of the angles.  Seeing all of the influences in your life etc.

ok ok,  Now I am  :blush:
View Post

#12 User is offline   Shekel 

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 13 October 2005 - 10:19 PM

bonomike, on Oct 12 2005, 08:19 AM, said:

Here's a few interesting observations as well.

The Bible says God is “declaring the end from the beginning.” In the beginning God created the heavens and the Earth. Is there a picture of God's time line in the creation account?  Let's look at events of the Bible and secular history during the past 6000 years versus the six days of creation.

Day 1: God created light and darkness, and separated the light from the darkness. In the first millennium, Adam sinned and was separated from God. “In the day you eat of it, you shall surely die,” God told him. Sure enough, at 930 years, just before the first 1000-year “day” was over, Adam died.

Day 2: God created the waters and divided the waters from the heavens. In the second millennium, God judged the Earth by water and spared Noah. He divided the righteous from the wicked by the waters of judgment.

Day 3: God created the dry land, and plants yielding fruit and seed after their own kind. At the start of the third millennium, God called Abraham and gave him the faith covenant of the seed which would come. This seed also reproduces after its own kind. Flesh produces fruit of flesh, spirit produces fruit of eternal life.

Day 4: God created heavenly lights (stars, planets) as signs for seasons, days, and years. In the fourth millennium, the prophets were lights unto the people to declare the signs of seasons and God-sent future events—Isaiah, Jeremiah Daniel, etc.

Day 5: God created living creatures.  At the start of the fifth millennium, God sent his Son Jesus to make men alive as new creations through born-again salvation.

Day 6: God made man, blessed them, and told them to dominate the Earth. In the last millennium, man has used science and technology to subdue the Earth, even traveling to the moon. Man's God-given instruction has been fulfilled.  Just as the Bible says, “knowledge has increased”—from horse and buggy, to the moon, in just a little over one hundred years.

Day 7: God rested. It was the “Day of the Lord.” This is where we are now, in the corrected Jewish calendar year 6006.

The "corrected" means adjustment for a 240-year error in the Jewish calendar introduced during the Babylonian excile.

Source:  "The Day of the Lord is at Hand" by Benjamin Baruch.  Although I don't necessarily agree with everything from this book, the above is quite thought-provoking.

It’s time to get ready.  God has had a way of doing things early.  Jesus rose from the dead early in the morning of the third day.  (Note:  We are in the early morning of the third 1000-year “day” since Jesus rose from the dead.)  According to the Gospels, Jesus used to get up early in the morning to pray.  Romans 9:28 says, “For he will finish the work, and cut it short in righteousness: because a short work will the Lord make upon the earth.”

In keeping with the three and a half-year period of tribulation mentioned in Shekel's response, some believe that the final seven year period we often see as the tribulation period is actually the seven year ministry period of Christ on the earth--the first three and a half years being his ministry as the "Lamb of God" to die for mankind, the second three and a half year period being the revealing of Jesus Christ as the "Lion of the Tribe of Judah" during judgment of the world.  This could be why, in Luke 4, he stopped reading the text of Isaiah 61 at "To preach the acceptable year of the Lord."  It wasn't time yet for the rest, which starts, "and the day of vengeance of our God."

Well, folks, get ready.  It is likely to start any time.

"Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man." Luke 21:36

We are commanded to watch, and pray always.  Let's not be like the disciples who fell asleep in the garden.

Mike
View Post

Thanks for the post. Interesting comparisons there. You know, my wife was converted to Christ by something like that back in 1981. :)

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users