Christian-Forum.net: Letís Put An End To This False Doctrine - Christian-Forum.net

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Letís Put An End To This False Doctrine Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Eccl12and13 

• Advanced Member 2
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:37 AM

Letís Put an End to This False Doctrine

There is an unbiblical doctrine where people believe once they profess with their mouth, believe with their heart and become baptized in the name of Jesus Christ they are saved and cannot loose their salvation. This belief is sometimes known as Once Saved Always Saved (OSAS). Well letís use just a little common sense and a lot of scripture to see if their claim is actually supported by Godís holy word!

Who Gets in and Who Doesnít

Letís look at just a few scriptures and rely on God given common sense to see just how impossible the OSAS doctrine is.

Letís read who will enter Godís kingdom, when they find out, and how this information is revealedí;

Rev.21
[2] And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Now this is what we all look forward to; entering New Jerusalem and eternal life is the promise God says He will give to all that obey Him. Letís continue;

[7] He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
[10] And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

Now letís read who inherits all things and is allowed to enter this city and who does not;

[27] And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

So only those whose names are written in Godís book of life are permitted to enter.

Now letís read the fate of those whose name is not found written in Godís book of life;

Rev.20
[12] And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

ALL of the dead were judged based upon what was written in the books. Letís continue;

[15] And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

So whosever name is NOT found in Godís book of life will be cast into the lake of fire.

Letís reviewí;

- Godís word says ONLY those whose name is in His book will enter into His holy city. Rev.21:27

- Anyone who is NOT found in Godís book of life will be cast into the lake of fire. Rev.20:15

- You do not know if your name is in Godís book of life UNTIL the book is opened and your name is read.
Rev.20:12,15, Rev.21:27

Now letís turn for a moment to common sense to figure out another fact;

What will be the fate of a person that dies while their name is still written in Godís book of life? Before answering understand this, once you are dead that is it. Letís quickly read the condition of the dead;

Eccl.9
[5] For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.
[6] Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.

So a dead person cannot change their fate once they die. Common sense right?

With that said, a person that dies and their name is written in Godís book of life WILL receive the promise of entering New Jerusalem and eternal life.

Think about it! To die with your name written in Godís book of lifeÖÖcan a person get any more saved than that? Of course not! Whatever was needed for their name to get in God's book was done, what it takes however, is a question that will be addressed in a moment. But for now letís look at the flip side.

Is it possible to have your name removed from GodĎs book? Is it actually possible for someone to do something that will cause them to loose their salvation? Letís think about this for a second. What if it were possible for a persons name to be removed from Godís book and they died before their name is replaced? What is their fate? If it were not possible would there even be a discussion about it in the bible? Letís search Godís word to find if such a discussion ever took place.

It All Boils Down to One Thing

Letís read a conversation Moses had with God after returning from receiving the commandments. What we are about to read is really a plea to God for the wrong the people had done;

Exod.32
[30] And it came to pass on the morrow, that Moses said unto the people, Ye have sinned a great sin: and now I will go up unto the LORD; peradventure I shall make an atonement for your sin.
[31] And Moses returned unto the LORD, and said, Oh, this people have sinned a great sin, and have made them gods of gold.

Now letís read Moses plea to the Lord;

[32] Yet now, if thou wilt forgive their sin--; and if not, blot me, I pray thee, out of thy book which thou hast written.

Moses plea to God was that his name be removed from the book of life. Now did God say that was something that was not possible? On the contrary! Wouldn't that have been a good time to let us know that once a name is written in His book it can never be removed? Letís read what thus said the Lord;

[33] And the LORD said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book.

Notice God did not say it was impossible for name to be removed, He said quite the opposite! God Himself said it IS possible for a name to be removed from His book of life. Don't forget now, whatever was needed for the name to be there had to be done, otherwise God would not have put it there.

Now I know this was spoken in the OT and some may think it was only for those of that age, so letís search Godís word to see if someone other than an OT figure spoke of blotting names out of Godís book of life;

Rev.3
[5] He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Well there you have it! Not only will names be blotted out of Godís book of lifeÖ..it will be Jesus Christ doing it!!!!

So it IS possible for a name to be removed from Godís book of life, after a person has done whatever is needed to have put in! And what is it that will cause a name to be removed? Sin!!! And what does God say is sin?

ďWhosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.Ē

So a name that is written in Godís book of life is NOT permanent! And if that is the case, salvation is not guaranteed! God tells us the one thing that will cause a name to be removed is breaking His laws, or SIN!!!

The same is said in both the OT and NT.

Now letís go back to using common sense for a minute. If breaking Godís laws causes one to have their name removed from His book of life, shouldnít keeping His laws cause your name to remain?

Common sense right?

Now Iím sure there will be some that try to refute this by quoting different scriptures, or not believe it at all, but the fact of the scriptures remain.

A NAME CAN BE REMOVED FROM GODíS BOOK OF LIFE!!

Now what do you think will be the fate of a person that dies, whose name was removed and not replaced God's book of life before it is opened and read?

God already told us that;

"And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

Now letís read some other scriptures further supporting what we have just read.

God IS Fair!

Ezek.18
[20] The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Now we know what a sinner is. It is one that breaks the laws of God, which, according to God's inspired word, ALL have done. And the scriptures says he that sinneth shall die. Understand the death spoken of here is the second death. Now let's read what happens if the sinner turns from his ways, and stops breaking God's laws;

[21] But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.
[22] All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live.

So the sinner can change his fate, as long as he is alive that is. If he stops breaking Gods laws none of his transgressions will even be mentioned.

Now let's see if there is a flip side to this. Let's read what happens to the righteous when they stop keeping Godís laws;

[24] But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.

So all of the good things a righteous person does can be wiped away and counted for nothing if he begins to sin. And does he have the chance to redeem himself? Let's read;

[26] When a righteous man turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and dieth in them; for his iniquity that he hath done shall he die.

Just like the sinner, if the once righteous dies in his sins, he shall die the second death.

This goes hand in hand with what God told Moses;

ďWhosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book.Ē

Gods ways are fair and equal for both sinner and righteous, just as He says in His word.

Now some may want to still believe that they know they are saved, and once they are, they always will be, but let's read one more verse to see if a NT person thought the same way.

Let's read what Paul had to say about the possibility of him NOT making it into God's kingdom;

1Cor.9
[27] But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

This does not sound like a person that knows for sure they will enter into God's kingdom. So even Paul realized that it was possible for him to blow the mission and miss the mark, if he did not keep his body under subjection. Here we find that Paul didnít even consider his salvation guaranteed.

Now we know for a fact there are some that are already in Godís book of life and they died having, ďÖa good reportÖĒ. But letís read how close it will be even for them;

1Pet.4
[18] And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

Now if Godís righteous scarcely make itÖ..where does that leave you and I?

So there you have it.

- If a person dies and their name is in Godís book of life they will, ďÖinherit all thingsÖĒ!

- For those that die, having done something to have their name removed and not replaced, they will be, ďÖcast into
the lake of fireÖĒ!

- God says these will be the ones who names are blotted out, ďWhosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out
of my book;Ē

- Nobody finds out until, ďÖthe books were openedÖĒ

- If a name that has been removed is not replaced before they die and before the books are opened and read, the
lake of fire will be what they inherit!

Now there are those that have quoted different scriptures that may appear to say something to the contrary, but this is pretty simple to understand.

If salvation is permanent.....how can a name be REMOVED from God's book of life? After all....if a name was in the book, they must have met God's requirements for Him to put it there!

So what happened to have a name removed? God gives us only one answer;

"And the LORD said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book."

OSASÖÖjust does NOT make SENSE!!!!!!!!!!!

#2 User is offline   watchman F 

• Advanced Member 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:49 PM

View PostEccl12and13, on 20 January 2010 - 11:37 AM, said:

Letís Put an End to This False Doctrine

There is an unbiblical doctrine where people believe once they profess with their mouth, believe with their heart and become baptized in the name of Jesus Christ they are saved and cannot loose their salvation. This belief is sometimes known as Once Saved Always Saved (OSAS). Well letís use just a little common sense and a lot of scripture to see if their claim is actually supported by Godís holy word!

Who Gets in and Who Doesnít

Letís look at just a few scriptures and rely on God given common sense to see just how impossible the OSAS doctrine is.

Letís read who will enter Godís kingdom, when they find out, and how this information is revealedí;

Rev.21
[2] And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Now this is what we all look forward to; entering New Jerusalem and eternal life is the promise God says He will give to all that obey Him. Letís continue;

[7] He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
[10] And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

Now letís read who inherits all things and is allowed to enter this city and who does not;

[27] And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

So only those whose names are written in Godís book of life are permitted to enter.

Now letís read the fate of those whose name is not found written in Godís book of life;

Rev.20
[12] And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

ALL of the dead were judged based upon what was written in the books. Letís continue;

[15] And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

So whosever name is NOT found in Godís book of life will be cast into the lake of fire.

Letís reviewí;

- Godís word says ONLY those whose name is in His book will enter into His holy city. Rev.21:27

- Anyone who is NOT found in Godís book of life will be cast into the lake of fire. Rev.20:15

- You do not know if your name is in Godís book of life UNTIL the book is opened and your name is read.

Now letís turn for a moment to common sense to figure out another fact;

What will be the fate of a person that dies while their name is still written in Godís book of life? Before answering understand this, once you are dead that is it. Letís quickly read the condition of the dead;

Eccl.9
[5] For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.
[6] Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.

With that said, a person that dies and their name is written in Godís book of life WILL receive the promise of entering New Jerusalem and eternal life.

Think about it! To die with your name written in Godís book of lifeÖÖcan a person get any more saved than that? Of course not! Whatever was needed for their name to get in God's book was done, what it takes however, is a question that will be addressed in a moment. But for now letís look at the flip side.

Is it possible to have your name removed from GodĎs book? Is it actually possible for someone to do something that will cause them to loose their salvation? Letís think about this for a second. What if it were possible for a persons name to be removed from Godís book and they died before their name is replaced? What is their fate? If it were not possible would there even be a discussion about it in the bible? Letís search Godís word to find if such a discussion ever took place.

Letís read a conversation Moses had with God after returning from receiving the commandments. What we are about to read is really a plea to God for the wrong the people had done;

Exod.32
[30] And it came to pass on the morrow, that Moses said unto the people, Ye have sinned a great sin: and now I will go up unto the LORD; peradventure I shall make an atonement for your sin.
[31] And Moses returned unto the LORD, and said, Oh, this people have sinned a great sin, and have made them gods of gold.

Now letís read Moses plea to the Lord;

[32] Yet now, if thou wilt forgive their sin--; and if not, blot me, I pray thee, out of thy book which thou hast written.

Moses plea to God was that his name be removed from the book of life. Now did God say that was something that was not possible? On the contrary! Wouldn't that have been a good time to let us know that once a name is written in His book it can never be removed? Letís read what thus said the Lord;

[33] And the LORD said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book.

Notice God did not say it was impossible for name to be removed, He said quite the opposite! God Himself said it IS possible for a name to be removed from His book of life. Don't forget now, whatever was needed for the name to be there had to be done, otherwise God would not have put it there.

Now I know this was spoken in the OT and some may think it was only for those of that age, so letís search Godís word to see if someone other than an OT figure spoke of blotting names out of Godís book of life;

Rev.3
[5] He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Well there you have it! Not only will names be blotted out of Godís book of lifeÖ..it will be Jesus Christ doing it!!!!

So it IS possible for a name to be removed from Godís book of life, after a person has done whatever is needed to have put in! And what is it that will cause a name to be removed? Sin!!! And what does God say is sin?

ďWhosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.Ē

So a name that is written in Godís book of life is NOT permanent! And if that is the case, salvation is not guaranteed! God tells us the one thing that will cause a name to be removed is breaking His laws, or SIN!!!

Now letís go back to using common sense for a minute. If breaking Godís laws causes one to have their name removed from His book of life, shouldnít keeping His laws cause your name to remain?

Common sense right?

Now Iím sure there will be some that try to refute this by quoting different scriptures, or not believe it at all, but the fact of the scriptures remain.

A NAME CAN BE REMOVED FROM GODíS BOOK OF LIFE!!

Now what do you think will be the fate of a person that dies, whose name was removed and not replaced God's book of life before it is opened and read?

"And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

Now letís read some other scriptures further supporting what we have just read.

God IS Fair!

Ezek.18
[20] The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Now we know what a sinner is. It is one that breaks the laws of God, which, according to God's inspired word, ALL have done. And the scriptures says he that sinneth shall die. Understand the death spoken of here is the second death. Now let's read what happens if the sinner turns from his ways, and stops breaking God's laws;

[21] But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.
[22] All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live.

So the sinner can change his fate, as long as he is alive that is. If he stops breaking Gods laws none of his transgressions will even be mentioned.

Now let's see if there is a flip side to this. Let's read what happens to the righteous when they stop keeping Godís laws;

[24] But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.

So all of the good things a righteous person does can be wiped away and counted for nothing if he begins to sin. And does he have the chance to redeem himself? Let's read;

[26] When a righteous man turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and dieth in them; for his iniquity that he hath done shall he die.

Just like the sinner, if the once righteous dies in his sins, he shall die the second death.

ďWhosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book.Ē

Gods ways are fair and equal for both sinner and righteous, just as He says in His word.

Now some may want to still believe that they know they are saved, and once they are, they always will be, but let's read one more verse to see if a NT person thought the same way.

Let's read what Paul had to say about the possibility of him NOT making it into God's kingdom;

1Cor.9
[27] But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

This does not sound like a person that knows for sure they will enter into God's kingdom. So even Paul realized that it was possible for him to blow the mission and miss the mark, if he did not keep his body under subjection. Here we find that Paul didnít even consider his salvation guaranteed.

Now we know for a fact there are some that are already in Godís book of life and they died having, ďÖa good reportÖĒ. But letís read how close it will be even for them;

1Pet.4
[18] And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

Now if Godís righteous scarcely make itÖ..where does that leave you and I?

So there you have it.

- If a person dies and their name is in Godís book of life they will, ďÖinherit all thingsÖĒ!

- For those that die, having done something to have their name removed and not replaced, they will be, ďÖcast into
the lake of fireÖĒ!

- God says these will be the ones who names are blotted out, ďWhosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out
of my book;Ē

- Nobody finds out until, ďÖthe books were openedÖĒ

- If a name that has been removed is not replaced before they die and before the books are opened and read, the

Now there are those that have quoted different scriptures that may appear to say something to the contrary, but this is pretty simple to understand.

If salvation is permanent.....how can a name be REMOVED from God's book of life? After all....if a name was in the book, they must have met God's requirements for Him to put it there!

"And the LORD said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book."

There is no doubt OSAS is a satanic doctrine created to give unsaved people a false sense of security so they feel no need to repent.

#3 User is offline   Jack777 

• Advanced Member 5
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 January 2010 - 01:02 PM

There is no doubt OSAS is a satanic doctrine created to give unsaved people a false sense of security so they feel no need to repent.

Satanic Doctrine...

Could you give a short list of Satanic Doctrines?

I think there is some disconnect here in how Eternal Security is viewed between OSAS as a Satanic Doctrine and other viewpoints.

If you are of the Elect, how is it that you will lose your Salvation? I do not think it is solely sin but if possible it would be a wilfull choice to apostatize.
ďLook around you, Gabrielle. Lush prairie. And those bushes with orange berries? See them, on those dunes? Sea Buckthorn. It grows wild here, and the oil works wonders on horses.Ē

óXena

#4 User is offline   benny balerio 

• Advanced Member 8
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 January 2010 - 01:02 PM

View PostEccl12and13, on 20 January 2010 - 11:37 AM, said:

Let’s Put an End to This False Doctrine

There is an unbiblical doctrine where people believe once they profess with their mouth, believe with their heart and become baptized in the name of Jesus Christ they are saved and cannot loose their salvation. This belief is sometimes known as Once Saved Always Saved (OSAS). Well let’s use just a little common sense and a lot of scripture to see if their claim is actually supported by God’s holy word!

Who Gets in and Who Doesn’t

Let’s look at just a few scriptures and rely on God given common sense to see just how impossible the OSAS doctrine is.

Let’s read who will enter God’s kingdom, when they find out, and how this information is revealed’;

Rev.21

Now this is what we all look forward to; entering New Jerusalem and eternal life is the promise God says He will give to all that obey Him. Let’s continue;

Now let’s read who inherits all things and is allowed to enter this city and who does not;

So only those whose names are written in God’s book of life are permitted to enter.

Now let’s read the fate of those whose name is not found written in God’s book of life;

Rev.20

ALL of the dead were judged based upon what was written in the books. Let’s continue;

So whosever name is NOT found in God’s book of life will be cast into the lake of fire.

Let’s review’;

- God’s word says ONLY those whose name is in His book will enter into His holy city. Rev.21:27

- Anyone who is NOT found in God’s book of life will be cast into the lake of fire. Rev.20:15

- You do not know if your name is in God’s book of life UNTIL the book is opened and your name is read.

Now let’s turn for a moment to common sense to figure out another fact;

What will be the fate of a person that dies while their name is still written in God’s book of life? Before answering understand this, once you are dead that is it. Let’s quickly read the condition of the dead;

Eccl.9

With that said, a person that dies and their name is written in God’s book of life WILL receive the promise of entering New Jerusalem and eternal life.

Think about it! To die with your name written in God’s book of lifeÖÖcan a person get any more saved than that? Of course not! Whatever was needed for their name to get in God's book was done, what it takes however, is a question that will be addressed in a moment. But for now let’s look at the flip side.

Is it possible to have your name removed from God‘s book? Is it actually possible for someone to do something that will cause them to loose their salvation? Let’s think about this for a second. What if it were possible for a persons name to be removed from God’s book and they died before their name is replaced? What is their fate? If it were not possible would there even be a discussion about it in the bible? Let’s search God’s word to find if such a discussion ever took place.

Let’s read a conversation Moses had with God after returning from receiving the commandments. What we are about to read is really a plea to God for the wrong the people had done;

Exod.32

Now let’s read Moses plea to the Lord;

Moses plea to God was that his name be removed from the book of life. Now did God say that was something that was not possible? On the contrary! Wouldn't that have been a good time to let us know that once a name is written in His book it can never be removed? Let’s read what thus said the Lord;

Now I know this was spoken in the OT and some may think it was only for those of that age, so let’s search God’s word to see if someone other than an OT figure spoke of blotting names out of God’s book of life;

Rev.3

Well there you have it! Not only will names be blotted out of God’s book of lifeÖ..it will be Jesus Christ doing it!!!!

So it IS possible for a name to be removed from God’s book of life, after a person has done whatever is needed to have put in! And what is it that will cause a name to be removed? Sin!!! And what does God say is sin?

“Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.”

So a name that is written in God’s book of life is NOT permanent! And if that is the case, salvation is not guaranteed! God tells us the one thing that will cause a name to be removed is breaking His laws, or SIN!!!

Now let’s go back to using common sense for a minute. If breaking God’s laws causes one to have their name removed from His book of life, shouldn’t keeping His laws cause your name to remain?

Common sense right?

Now I’m sure there will be some that try to refute this by quoting different scriptures, or not believe it at all, but the fact of the scriptures remain.

A NAME CAN BE REMOVED FROM GOD’S BOOK OF LIFE!!

Now let’s read some other scriptures further supporting what we have just read.

God IS Fair!

Ezek.18

Now let's see if there is a flip side to this. Let's read what happens to the righteous when they stop keeping God’s laws;

“Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book.”

1Cor.9

This does not sound like a person that knows for sure they will enter into God's kingdom. So even Paul realized that it was possible for him to blow the mission and miss the mark, if he did not keep his body under subjection. Here we find that Paul didn’t even consider his salvation guaranteed.

Now we know for a fact there are some that are already in God’s book of life and they died having, “Öa good reportÖ”. But let’s read how close it will be even for them;

1Pet.4

Now if God’s righteous scarcely make itÖ..where does that leave you and I?

So there you have it.

- If a person dies and their name is in God’s book of life they will, “Öinherit all thingsÖ”!

- For those that die, having done something to have their name removed and not replaced, they will be, “Öcast into
the lake of fireÖ”!

- God says these will be the ones who names are blotted out, “Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out
of my book;”

- Nobody finds out until, “Öthe books were openedÖ”

You Quote:
Who Gets in and Who Doesn’t

Let’s look at just a few scriptures and rely on God given common sense to see just how impossible the OSAS doctrine is.

Let’s read who will enter God’s kingdom, when they find out, and how this information is revealed’;

Rev.21

Now this is what we all look forward to; entering New Jerusalem and eternal life is the promise God says He will give to all that obey Him. Let’s continue;

Now let’s read who inherits all things and is allowed to enter this city and who does not;

So only those whose names are written in God’s book of life are permitted to enter.

Now let’s read the fate of those whose name is not found written in God’s book of life;

Rev.20
My Reply;
The seeds may have been planted but the seeds did not take root.
Therefore they were never really saved. You cannot serve two masters.
God knows your heart and if you were very sincere in coming to Him with all your Heart, Mind and Soul.
If you were sincere, you will never be the same.
Sure,...you may mess up from time to time,...but the difference is,....before you came to Christ Jesus,...you commited sin and enjoyed it.
Now that you were sincere and now a new creature in Christ Jesus, If you mess up,...you will find that you do not enjoy that sin and the holy spirit convicts your mind as though it was touched with a hot branding iron.
The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.
At the Judgement seat of Jesus Christ, all those present are saved, but not all receive the same rewards.
The things that we did on earth since the time we truely and sincerely accepted the Lord will be tried by fire.
The motives will be revealed for our works done through faith.
Some will receive gold and the hay and stubble will be burned to a crisp.
There will be things that we knew deep down in our heart that we should have done this or that, but we did not do it.
That would be a sin to that person. For what may be a sin to one person, may not be a sin to someone eles.
So if you were really saved, you will never never be the same,....That My friend is O.S.A.S.

...................................benny B)

This post has been edited by benny balerio: 20 January 2010 - 01:05 PM

#5 User is offline   Nebuchadnezzar 

• Advanced Member 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 January 2010 - 01:44 PM

Revelation 7:9

After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
Revelation 7:8-10 (in Context)

Isaiah 64:6

But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

Good luck earning your salvation.

1 John 3:8

8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

1 John 3:9

9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Which of you will be saying this on that day?:

Matthew 20:12

Saying, These last have wrought but one hour, and thou hast made them equal unto us, which have borne the burden and heat of the day.

Again, instead of exposing your wickedness trying to convince us of those who "won't" be saved, you should be thinking like the centurion in Matthew 8. You continue to expose your demonic way of thinking claiming to "understand" God and believing there is something special about you over others. You have a very big surprise coming.

Have you learned nothing?

Matthew 7:22-24 (King James Version)

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

Jesus is talking about you
Consider this: What good is a prophet if there is no false prophet? What good is having sight if you were never blind?

#6 User is offline   Humble Bob 

• Advanced Member 6
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 January 2010 - 01:44 PM

I'll just ask to any one, who here has kept to every letter of the law? Please type your name and say "I have" so that it can get entered in that great book in the sky.
Yes, God does not play dice, but man does

The indifferent person is worse than the one with ill intention

The only good thing about fear is finding courage

Posted Image

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users