Christian-Forum.net: The Lampstands Called Two Witnesses Are Two Churches - Christian-Forum.net

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Lampstands Called Two Witnesses Are Two Churches Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   me2lord 

• Advanced Member 4
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 April 2010 - 02:23 PM

As we are nearing the End of this Age, the "Two Witnesses" of Rev 11 has been traditionally taught as two people, ie and trationally with "Moses and Elijah". Taking a closer examination of the chapter it seems this has been an erroneous teaching, not practical in what the Lord's plan is for the End.

Examining Revelation's chapter 11 using bible passages for intrepretation.

Rev 11:1-2 John was to go and measure the temple of God and count the worshipers there, but exclude the outer court, not to measure it , because it has been given over to the Gentiles they will trample on the Holy City 42 months.

It is shown in these two verses there are worshippers in the temple and those in the outer courts, the Gentiles are trampling all around for 42 months.

These worshippers inside the temple could they be the two witnesses? I think they may well be. Where are the two witnesses? They are inside the HOLY CITY just as Rev 11:8 says their bodies will "LIE IN THE STREETS OF THE GREAT CITY."

There is indication of a lot of people who are laying in the "STREETS" it is plural, showing they are in more than just "A STREET". And it is established they are 'IN SIDE THE CITY" which is also where it is defined that worshipers are there during this 1260 days of tribulation.

These two witnesses who are called Lampstands which are defined by Jesus as being a part of the 7 churches which are inside the Holy City. In verse 1 John said to count the WORSHIPPERS there, right where the two witnesses are also declared by the Lord as there.

A further examination of the word Lampstand the verses prove who they are.

Lampstand: are the churches as we see that definition defined here in Revelations 1.

Rev 1:12-13 I turned to see the voice that was speaking with me. And having turned I saw seven golden lampstands; and in the middle of the lampstands I saw one like a son of man, clothed in a robe reaching to the feet, and girded across His chest with a golden sash.

Rev 1:20 As for the mystery of the seven stars which you saw in My right hand, and the seven golden lampstands: the seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands are the seven churches.

The Olive trees on both sides of the Lampstand is some thing we have to look to the scriptures for.

Rom 11:17But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive, were grafted in among them and became partaker with them of the rich root of the olive tree,

Rom 11:24 For if you were cut off from what is by nature a wild olive tree, and were grafted contrary to nature into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these who are the natural branches be grafted into their own olive tree

The verses have established the two lampstands in Rev 11:4 are two of the churches, not all 7 seven but two of them. Two groups of people who are prophesying in sackcloth, Lamenting and mourning, which is their act of worshiping to the Lord inside the Holy City.

The Christ is standing is their midst. Moses is not a lampstand because the lampstands are described to us by Jesus as His churches and just as Jesus said explains this and calls the churches "LampStands" in Rev 1:20.

Mal 4:16 Then those who feared the Lord talked with each other, and the Lord listened and heard. A scroll of remembrance was written in His presence concerning those who feared the Lord and honored His Name.

Ma. 4:17 They will be mine, says the Lord Almighty, " in the Day I make up my treasured possession. I will spare them just as in compassion a man spares his son who serves him.

This post has been edited by me2lord: 17 April 2010 - 01:02 PM

The Lord has sent the message, He is sending the tribulation through the Seed of Ishmael, they are camped around us now. I testify to this as the one whom the Lord spoke this to. Trust Jesus through this time.

#2 User is offline   Rick Schworer 

• PipPip

Posted 16 April 2010 - 02:47 PM

Rev. 11:3, "And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth."

Rev. 11:8, "And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city..."

Rev. 11:9-10, "And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves. And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth."

Sorry, it's two prophets. Not churches.
Meet me and my family and take a look at my new upcoming book, Roadmap Through Revelation at http://revelationroadmap.blogspot.com/.

#3 User is offline   benny balerio 

• Advanced Member 8
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2010 - 04:03 PM

View PostRick Schworer, on 16 April 2010 - 03:47 PM, said:

Rev. 11:3, "And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth."

Rev. 11:9-10, "And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves. And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth."

Yes,....Two Prophets.

..........................benny B)

#4 User is offline   me2lord 

• Advanced Member 4
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2010 - 09:06 PM

View PostRick Schworer, on 16 April 2010 - 03:47 PM, said:

The fact is the churches have prophesied about Jesus since His death which gave the the birth of the church . The Church is all about prophesy of Jesus and has continued prophesying on earth of Jesus till he comes...lol

Their bodies lie in the 'STREETS" of the Holy City. The term Streets is plural meaning more than one street has dead bodies... and this means there is more than one STREET in the city with bodies on it. And very well can mean many if they are the church which I believe they are.

Rev 19:10 Last part; For the testimony of JESUS is the SPIRIT OF PROPHECY.

Rev 12:11 They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony (prophesying) they did not "LOVE THEIR LIVE SO MUCH TO SHRINK FROM DEATH".

The Saints are giving testimony which is prophesying.

It becomes more clear to me this is the church, which is a lampstand as Jesus calls the churches this and I'll have to go with Jesus' definition instead of tradition.

This post has been edited by me2lord: 16 April 2010 - 10:12 PM

The Lord has sent the message, He is sending the tribulation through the Seed of Ishmael, they are camped around us now. I testify to this as the one whom the Lord spoke this to. Trust Jesus through this time.

#5 User is offline   Ophel 

• Advanced Member 1
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2010 - 10:50 PM

The two lampstands are the two witnesses. They come to shed light abroad.
O tower of the flock, the Ophel of the daughter of Zion. Micah 4:8

#6 User is offline   freedom 

• JESUS LOVES you! and I do too!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2010 - 11:22 PM

The key to understanding is found in Zechariah 4. The two candlesticks are also know as two olive trees, as in Revelation 11:3 and 4.

The seven candlesticks are the churches. The two are witnesses. They are the annointed ones who stand by the LORD of the whole earth.

Hope this helps your Bible Study.Posted Image
John 8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Psalms 103:12 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

Matthew 18:35 So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.

REDEEMED and FORGIVEN! PRAISE the LORD!

'To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did.' When God takes something from your grasp, He's not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better. 'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.' ~ Unknown

Doing the LORD'S WORK is more important than personal gain. (See Ezra 5:1-5 and Haggai 1.) If the LORD is doing a WORK, I want to be serving HIM in it.

Do you know JESUS? HE's my BEST FRIEND.

Psalms 118:26 Blessed be he that cometh in the name of the LORD: we have blessed you out of the house of the LORD.

May the LORD bless you always, Susan
(formerly known as Onetiggerroo)

Sorrow looks back, Worry looks around, Faith looks up. ~ Unknown

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users